MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-13-2014 at 09:42 PM   #1
breznimk

Liked: 0 Times

Physics 1B03-Lost
I'm in physics 1B03 this term with Nejat and I was wondering if anyone else is feeling as unprepared for this Lon CAPA assignment as me?

We haven't been taught (nor gotten assigned the readings) to complete all of the questions.
Old 09-13-2014 at 09:47 PM   #2
uniquename

Liked: 1 Time

Check the due date for the assignment. I remember that the CAPA assignments would open well before the due date, but all the necessary material would be covered before they needed to be submitted.
Old 09-13-2014 at 10:30 PM   #3
breznimk

Liked: 0 Times

It's due this monday and I checked the required readings up until that point but still a good 4-5 questions aren't covered, just not sure what to do.

It seems the math is beyond the prereqs for the course (ex/ integration), and he doesn't really seem to be teaching it, more so just assuming we know it
Old 09-13-2014 at 10:42 PM   #4
uniquename

Liked: 1 Time

What are the 4-5 questions?
Old 09-14-2014 at 08:34 AM   #5
Atheist?

Liked: 31 Times

Hi there Megan, from my experience almost all of CAPA is straight out of the textbook, but a few problems will be put in that make you think outside the box so to speak. If you ever have problems with the course (especially if the material is confusing) just go to the prof (Nejat in this case) and ask for help. They are always willing to help students and very friendly (especially to the first year course students).

If you need help outside of class, there is something called PHI (Physics Help Initiative) that is a student run help service for physics courses (primarily the first year ones). It happens daily every week in BSB B119 (outside the physics lab room).

For the schedule and more information go to the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mcmasterphi

Hope that helps, and good luck!
Old 09-14-2014 at 10:31 AM   #6
cudizOne

Liked: 2 Times

They actually changed the due date as the Sept 14th one was a mistake! It's now due on the 18th (Thursday).