MacInsiders Logo

physics 1b03 or math 1ls3

Old 12-23-2010 at 02:21 PM   #16
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
would this one semester of math include math 1a03 or 1ls3? because 1a03 is more like math but 1ls3 is more biologically related to medicine.
if you want to take math in the future, then 1A03 (ideally 1X03). If you only care about calculus as a tool in biology / medicine etc. then 1LS3/1LT3.

Old 12-23-2010 at 04:51 PM   #17
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I really dont think you should consider it "more biologically related to medicine". The only thing that was somewhat applied to a real life example was doubling time and bacteria, which shouldn't exactly be a new concept. Other than that, it was just simple math with not a great deal of application to anything and definitely not to medicine or biology.
Old 12-23-2010 at 08:27 PM   #18
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
would this one semester of math include math 1a03 or 1ls3? because 1a03 is more like math but 1ls3 is more biologically related to medicine.
LOL

I love how naive they are when they're fresh

Mahratta likes this.
Old 12-23-2010 at 08:43 PM   #19
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Unless you're applying to American schools, you don't directly need math for med school. Physics is only required for..2? (something like that) medical schools in Canada. Orgo is similar..only 2 or 3 schools require it. Same deal with English. Take them if you enjoy them, otherwise what's the point in being miserable for some potential future? Of course...if you're looking at American schools, it's a whole nother ball game.

Old 12-23-2010 at 09:20 PM   #20
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Unless you're applying to American schools, you don't directly need math for med school. Physics is only required for..2? (something like that) medical schools in Canada. Orgo is similar..only 2 or 3 schools require it. Same deal with English. Take them if you enjoy them, otherwise what's the point in being miserable for some potential future? Of course...if you're looking at American schools, it's a whole nother ball game.
There's also the MCAT to consider. I doubt anyone can self-teach Orgo and/or physics well enough to kill that monster.
Old 12-23-2010 at 09:24 PM   #21
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
There's also the MCAT to consider. I doubt anyone can self-teach Orgo and/or physics well enough to kill that monster.
I know quite a few people who have. And I intend on doing it

No way in hell am I taking orgo or physics or math ahahaha

Edit:
I realized that sounded sort of c*nty..I only meant that I "intend on doing it" because I know orgo etc doesn't interest me and thus I have no desire to take them. Hence why I have to just self learn it come mcat time. Not trying to say I will do well though ahaha

Last edited by crazyfree : 12-23-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-23-2010 at 11:47 PM   #22
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

The whole med school thing is really starting to bore me

I mean guys come on just do your best and do things you're interested in

If you're good enough you'll get in, if you aren't and aren't absolutely hell-bent on it, then look at your other options, WHO KNOWS - MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING THAT IS MORE DELIGHTFUL THAN PRESCRIBING ANALGESICS AND WALKING AROUND IN WHITE ROOMS WITH YOUR OVERBEARING SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT ALL DAY ON 3 HOURS OF NON-REM SLEEP

Last edited by Kendoon : 12-23-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2010 at 11:58 PM   #23
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

^ like doing math.

macsci likes this.
Old 12-24-2010 at 12:02 AM   #24
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
^ like doing math.
ohhhhhhhhhh

snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Old 12-27-2010
luna
This message has been removed by a moderator. .