Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOLAR issues with registration Andie Academics 3 06-11-2012 12:36 AM

Physics 1B03 registration issues

Old 06-27-2012 at 05:52 PM   #1
polina_a

Liked: 1 Time

Physics 1B03 registration issues
Hi everyone!
I was just on MUGSI attempting to register for my courses, and for some reason I am unable to register for PHYSICS 1B03-the system stated that I am missing the prerquisites for this course, even though I have my Grade 12 Physics U credit...

Any ideas to how I could fix this??

Thank you!
Old 06-27-2012 at 05:53 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Call the department to get a waiver. Don't worry though. You will get in easy.

polina_a says thanks to Silver for this post.
Old 06-27-2012 at 06:19 PM   #3
Buddastotle

Liked: 5 Times

Make sure, your taking physics in the same semester as Math 1A03 or 1LS3 or the semester after you take it. You need a credit or registration in either maths

polina_a says thanks to Buddastotle for this post.
Old 06-27-2012 at 07:10 PM   #4
luemas

Liked: 0 Times

You have to select WHIMIS 1A00 as well since it's a co-requisite
(I ran into the same problem)
Old 06-27-2012 at 08:33 PM   #5
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by luemas View Post
You have to select WHIMIS 1A00 as well since it's a co-requisite
(I ran into the same problem)
No, you don't. (I didn't.)

Call up the Faculty of Science and get the prerequisites waived, like I did.
Old 06-28-2012 at 02:37 PM   #6
polina_a

Got it all figured out now, thanks everyone!
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:45 PM   #7
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by polina_a View Post
Got it all figured out now, thanks everyone!
Just wondering, was the problem due to the maths? Or was it something else?
Old 07-02-2012 at 11:36 PM   #8
polina_a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanC206 View Post
Just wondering, was the problem due to the maths? Or was it something else?

Yeah, it was simply because I didn't register for math the term before i took physics :S oops!
Old 07-03-2012 at 12:21 AM   #9
Antigua360

Polina - how did you end up figuring it all out?
I'm having the exact same problem you were:
Physics term 2 is full, so I can only take it in 1st term.
Math is available both terms.
Thus, I should take physics 1st term and math 2nd - but I can't do that because I 'need' to register for math before physics. And I can't do them both in 1st term because then I would have no elective in term 1... ??
Please help! I have 12 hours until solar doesnt let me change anything else until it re-opens again in August...
Old 07-03-2012 at 12:27 AM   #10
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

If anything just register them both term 1. If that doesn't work and SOLAR locks you out don't worry about it. Deal with it in August because it is a core course they have to let you in. Or call an adviser in the morning.
Old 07-03-2012 at 12:37 AM   #11
Antigua360

Am i allowed to do that? Because then i have no elective and i feel like that makes a very strenuous 1st term schedule..? And then what, I get two electives in 2nd term?
Old 07-03-2012 at 12:40 AM   #12
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Sometimes that is going to happen. Example my first semester has 6 core courses term 1 and 3 in term 2. Then I can take like 1-3 electives in term 2 if I want. Sometimes that is how it is going to roll. If you really want one of those two in term 2, just register it for now and when SOLAR becomes free, log in everyday and see if a spot in term 2 opens up. Same game you have to do for electives (since you aren't guaranteed spots in those)

Antigua360 says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 07-03-2012 at 01:06 AM   #13
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigua360 View Post
Am i allowed to do that? Because then i have no elective and i feel like that makes a very strenuous 1st term schedule..? And then what, I get two electives in 2nd term?
having 0 electives in first term isnt a bad thing. and tbh, the difficulty in the course content in math 1ls3, chem 1a03, bio 1a03/1m03, physics 1b03 is all manageable. the course content is not something that is hard. you just need to be smart about how you study. and i wouldnt be surprised if those types of courses get you a higher mark than electives.
Old 07-03-2012 at 10:08 AM   #14
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Thus, I should take physics 1st term and math 2nd - but I can't do that because I 'need' to register for math before physics. And I can't do them both in 1st term because then I would have no elective in term 1... ??
Please help! I have 12 hours until solar doesnt let me change anything else until it re-opens again in August...
SOLAR reopens on July 9 for everyone...so less than a week. You don't need to wait until August.
Old 07-03-2012 at 03:11 PM   #15
polina_a

Quote:
Hi M, sorry for responding so late! I don't know if I'll be much help now that SOLAR has closed for the next little bit, and everyone else has pretty much answered your question...but basically all I did was register for physics and math in the first term, and when I signed in to SOLAR the next day there were seats available for physics term 2. Also when I called the Registrar's Office last week they told me that they are trying to open up more seats in the Physics term 2 course, so you have a very good chance of being able to switch into the class when SOLAR opens