MacInsiders Logo

Physics 2C03 (Modern Physics)

Old 05-12-2014 at 08:29 AM   #1
Arjun Patel

Liked: 0 Times

Physics 2C03 (Modern Physics)
Has anyone here taken Physics 2C03 (Modern Physics). It sounds super cool, but I'm a little worried because I don't have a math or physics background aside from first year calc and physics.

Please let me know your good and bad experiences in this course!
Old 05-12-2014 at 08:49 AM   #2
optical

Liked: 8 Times

I'm a non physics student and wanted to take it. I went in the first day and found it wayyy too overwhelming so I dropped it after.
(not that my math or physics is bad, it was just too intense for me)
Old 05-12-2014 at 10:42 AM   #3
Atheist?

Liked: 31 Times

To be honest that is one of the harder second year courses. If you feel comfortable with math and physics there is not a problem taking it but the workload will be large.

If you have taken linear algebra, and know a bit about differential equations, you should be fine. If you are just interested in the material you might be better off taking an Origins course or sitting in on the lectures if you just wanted to learn.

cheers and good luck!