MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Where to find: Pita Bread! lisforlaura Body & Food 0 10-11-2010 09:14 PM
Pita Lunch for Your First Year Experience lorend MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-19-2010 08:27 PM

Pita Pit

Pita Pit
Published by lux
12-21-2010
Published by
lux

Author review
Quality Of Food
90%90%90%
Prices
70%70%70%
Atmosphere
80%80%80%
Service
90%90%90%
Overall Experience
90%90%90%
Average 84%
Star Pita Pit

So, this review is for the Pita Pit in Westdale (1056 King St. W.). Now when I went there I was expecting a pita similar to the one that they make in Keyes, but BOY was I mistaken. The pitas at the Pita Pit in Westdale are ALOT better. There are many reasons for this. One is because the people who work there are well-trained, friendly and actually take the time to properly prepare the meats on the grill as opposed to the hospitality staff at Keyes. I also found that the ingredient selection is more fresh and there is more variety, especially when it comes to vegan, or non-vegan pitas.

The portion size is larger, and as a result the cost is slightly higher than a pita from Keyes, but if you ask me it's totally worth it. Call be a pita connoisseur, but it doesn't take a genius to see that this meal is healthy and customizable to your liking.

It's open 10am-2am everyday! Need I say more?

Site: http://pitapit.ca/consumer

SciMania likes this.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Pita Pit!

Old 12-22-2010 at 10:49 AM   #2
SciMania
Elite Member
Program: Biology
Year: Fourth

Liked: 74 Times
I couldn't agree more...the pitas at Keyes are kinda crappy (depending on who makes them), but yeah they don't put a lot of care and effort into making them...they'll often overload them and then they end up falling apart while trying to eat. Pita pit is far far far better, since pita pit i avoid the pitas at keyes as much as possible. You're right the toppings are far better as well, the ones at keyes are sloppily cut and the tomatoes are HUGE, versus at pita pit you can tell the effort they put into cutting their veggies.
Old 05-03-2011 at 12:01 AM   #3
rachelv91
Year: Second

Liked: 0 Times
I Love This Place
When I want something healthy (a conveniently located alternative to fast food joints), this is the place to be! They're pita are filling and you can taste the quality of the ingredients. I always get the babaganoush which is a healthy vegetarian selection and despite being a carnivore, I really enjoy it! The prices are a little higher than one would expect, but SO worth it. I wish pita pit was located inside McMaster!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:28 AM   #4
Maria.A
Program: Computer Science
Year: Third

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelv91 View Post
I wish pita pit was located inside McMaster!
boy would that add a skip to my step at lunchtime.
Old 02-17-2015 at 04:09 AM   #5
Erskine12
Year: First

Thanks dear!!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search