Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New planet content! andrew22 General Discussion 10 12-18-2009 11:52 AM
Energy Drinks, do you drink them? Chad Body & Food 3 11-13-2006 04:05 PM

Planet Energy Job

Old 04-01-2010 at 03:22 PM   #1
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Planet Energy Job
Has anyone worked at their company before? Does anyone know anything about them? I saw them at the Opportunities Expo at mac about 2 weeks ago or so, and gave them my resume. I have an interview with them on Monday so I just wanted to find out more about their company and people's experiences with them if they worked there.
Old 04-01-2010 at 05:38 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

If I'm not mistaken Planet Energy is relatively new.

I think a lot of the questions you have can be found on their website (they would have information on employment values etc). Perhaps you could ask in the interview if you could speak to someone who held the position you are applying for last year to get their opinion?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-01-2010 at 07:07 PM   #3
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

I went to an interview with them a few months back, they're definitely a legit company... And apparently are constantly expanding.

Not sure what position you applied for but my interview was for a clerical position/human resources etc all in one kinda thing and the only down fall is they (for that position at least) were looking for someone willing to commit long-term, and someone who drives.

I'd assume the whole not driving thing screwed me over in my chances because I had two interviews with them. The first one is pretty much a hit or miss, don't really look into the company too much. The guy who interviewed me pretty much prepped me on several of their websites to review to impress the boss with (who my second interview was with).

I also think my lack of permenent employment because of being in school was what turned him off. Whatever you do, don't mention anything about school, and hope you have an impressive resume. Also if you don't drive you probably won't get hired. Hope that helps.
Old 04-01-2010 at 08:04 PM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I did a quick Google search and found this
http://www.discovervancouver .com/f...t-t165065.html

I'm not sure if it's the same company you're talking about though.

Just a note: Don't assume that because a company was at a Mac event like the Opportunities Expo, that they are necessarily trustworthy. Spring Masters, College Pro and Vector have all attended these kinds of events and they are shady companies.
Old 04-02-2010 at 11:48 AM   #5
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

All I know from my experience with Planet Energy is that they seemed to hire anyone for their door-to-door canvassers. I'm pretty sure they make a decent hourly wage plus commission (around 10-12$/hr). I think people are claiming that they are a scam because they sell energy efficient water heaters for loan, so technically I'm sure you would probably end up paying more a month, however you're doing something beneficial for the environment.

I personally however would never be a sales agent. I don't think I would be knowingly be able to indirectly lie and coerce people into signing anything. Guess I'm just too much of a people person.
Old 04-02-2010 at 01:30 PM   #6
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

I despise door-to-door energy sales people. They often misrepresent themselves as Direct Energy or what have you employees (ie, most peoples' energy providers) and try and get you to sign bullshit contracts.
Old 04-02-2010 at 07:43 PM   #7
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

yeah that is what I am afraid of, that the only position available is door-to-door salesperson in which case I wouldn't do it, as much as I need a job. I guess I just have to wait till the interview on Monday and see what happens. Thanks for everyone for your input