[Breaking] The Playstation Phone Afzal Computers & Tech 32 12-07-2010 03:17 PM

Playstation 3

Old 08-12-2012 at 10:14 PM   #1
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Playstation 3
Hey,

So for some odd reason I have been very tempted to buy a PS3. I have been busy with a lot of stuff lately and cut down a LOT on my computer use.

I feel like this craving is just my computer withdrawal.

I am a very casual gamer. I recently took out my ps2 but I couldn't not stand the graphics, and after seeing NHL 2001 in my pile of games, I figured it is time for an upgrade.

So just want some input. Does anyone own a PS3? How often do yall play?
I saw a couple on kijiji for a reasonable price, is it ok to buy a used one?

Thanks
Rioch

engman123 likes this.
Old 08-12-2012 at 10:20 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
If it's the original model (the fat one) make sure to test it before buying. They are known to break due to overheating.

... but on the other hand, if you buy an original for cheap that failed due to overheating, the repair is the same as for HP laptops .

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 08-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2012 at 10:30 PM   #3
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i recently started killzone 3 again. its all i play on it now. i have a slim though and its worked fine for years now.
Old 08-12-2012 at 10:35 PM   #4
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
If it's the original model (the fat one) make sure to test it before buying. They are known to break due to overheating.

... but on the other hand, if you buy an original for cheap that failed due to overheating, the repair is the same as for HP laptops .
Sweet thanks! I take it thats what they mean when it says Yol'd?

I am still trying to make up my mind.

Do you guys have enough time during the school year to play?
Old 08-12-2012 at 11:00 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

PS3 lets you surf the internet, play blue rays, and a number of other neat things (i believe a friend of mine usese netflix with it). Check out some games before you really decide, because I bought a ps2 awhile ago, and I just got bored of any game I could find, not even an hour into each
Old 08-13-2012 at 12:26 AM   #6
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

http://vsrecommendedgames.wi kia.co.../PlayStation_3

Scope out some games you might like.

I'd hold out for a bit on buying though. Sure, it's never been cheaper, but some leaked photos from the factory lines tell that Sony is planning on releasing their final model of the PS3 which includes a discounted SKU (16 GB of flash memory storage) in hopes of surpassing the Xbox 360 in sales during the final leg of this console generation.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-ps3...urface-6386946
Old 08-13-2012 at 06:32 AM   #7
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
http://vsrecommendedgames.wi kia.co.../PlayStation_3

Scope out some games you might like.

I'd hold out for a bit on buying though. Sure, it's never been cheaper, but some leaked photos from the factory lines tell that Sony is planning on releasing their final model of the PS3 which includes a discounted SKU (16 GB of flash memory storage) in hopes of surpassing the Xbox 360 in sales during the final leg of this console generation.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-ps3...urface-6386946
Yeah I have been, Ill be playing mostly games like Need for Speed, Fifa, NHL, maybe some Mortal Kombat and MW. Was watching my friend play Skyrim and dont think Ill like those games to much

Sweet, hopefully they announce it by the 19th like the articles says
Thanks for that tip.
Old 08-14-2012 at 09:52 AM   #8
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Did a lot of research and for those interested, Sony will have their press conference and could reveal their cheaper system or something in 2 hours

http://gamescom.eu.playstati on.com/

Swampis likes this.
Old 08-14-2012 at 01:13 PM   #9
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

And Sony disappoints..
Old 08-14-2012 at 01:15 PM   #10
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikJ View Post
And Sony disappoints..
Yup, nothing special :\

Kijiji it is ! lol I dont want to wait around for something that might come out 6 months from now
Old 08-14-2012 at 02:56 PM   #11
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Someone is offering me a PS3, just the console, no controller for 100$.
Saying he needs to pay traffic fines.

Not sure if I should take it or not
Old 08-14-2012 at 06:32 PM   #12
engman123

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Hey,

So for some odd reason I have been very tempted to buy a PS3. I have been busy with a lot of stuff lately and cut down a LOT on my computer use.

I feel like this craving is just my computer withdrawal.

I am a very casual gamer. I recently took out my ps2 but I couldn't not stand the graphics, and after seeing NHL 2001 in my pile of games, I figured it is time for an upgrade.

So just want some input. Does anyone own a PS3? How often do yall play?

Thanks
Rioch
imo the Ps3 is prolly one of the best gaming consoles atm ! Even the framerates online are stunning ! one drawback ! the games are a lil expensive but its still worth it :3 ! I play a lot of online games and the online gaming experience and messenger system on the console is great ! even my $1450 ACER g73 gaming laptop can't compare to how great a ps3 runs em ! ,, also its serves pretty nicely as a web browser if uve got a usb wireless keyboard and a mouse ;3 ! Good luck ! !

mc_kumar likes this.
Old 08-14-2012 at 07:01 PM   #13
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Someone is offering me a PS3, just the console, no controller for 100$.
Saying he needs to pay traffic fines.

Not sure if I should take it or not
Is the guy including his cords and HDMI cable,etc?

Buying the system without the controller is like buying a car without the steering wheel. XD. I would ask what he did with the controller. It also depends on how much you want to pay to.

**Computer Engineering**
Old 08-14-2012 at 07:07 PM   #14
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

The PlayStation 3 is almost six years old. That's fucking old. Regardless of your gaming expertise, it's severely underpowered compared to today's standard for gaming. Current consoles are really holding back the industry.

I'd say steer clear of it until any sort of announcement or specifications for the next-gen consoles are released. Or if you can't wait, build a cheap gaming PC. There aren't nearly enough exclusives for PS3 to justify buying it.
Old 08-14-2012 at 08:15 PM   #15
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by engman123 View Post
imo the Ps3 is prolly one of the best gaming consoles atm ! Even the framerates online are stunning ! one drawback ! the games are a lil expensive but its still worth it :3 ! I play a lot of online games and the online gaming experience and messenger system on the console is great ! even my $1450 ACER g73 gaming laptop can't compare to how great a ps3 runs em ! ,, also its serves pretty nicely as a web browser if uve got a usb wireless keyboard and a mouse ;3 ! Good luck ! !
Thats fine, I plan on buying most of my games of kijiji anyways lol Thanks for the input
Does bluetooth stuff work on it? I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgdynasty View Post
Is the guy including his cords and HDMI cable,etc?

Buying the system without the controller is like buying a car without the steering wheel. XD. I would ask what he did with the controller. It also depends on how much you want to pay to.
I checked with him and he said nothing else, just the plain console. So deff not going with that,, god knows what he has done with all the cables and controller.

I dont mind buying the controller since they sell them at my store . It is to bad we dont get discount on consoles. As you can see my budget is low on this as It isnt much of a priority, just something to spoil my self a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
The PlayStation 3 is almost six years old. That's fucking old. Regardless of your gaming expertise, it's severely underpowered compared to today's standard for gaming. Current consoles are really holding back the industry.

I'd say steer clear of it until any sort of announcement or specifications for the next-gen consoles are released. Or if you can't wait, build a cheap gaming PC. There aren't nearly enough exclusives for PS3 to justify buying it.
Whats todays standard of gaming? :S

I did a lot of research and all of the articles written said that the next console is not going to be a big jump. At most they are saying the new systems will simply allow you to play at higher frame rates, 1080p and some more detail. The industry is moving more towards interactivity.

That being said, I am not an intense games. I plan on playing the minimum just as a past time and to unwind instead of getting addicted to my computer again. Besides jumping from PS2 graphics to PS3 is Huge enough as it is xD

And I dont want to spend more than 250$ on a gaming system.

engman123 likes this.