[Breaking] The Playstation Phone Afzal Computers & Tech 32 12-07-2010 03:17 PM

Playstation 3

Old 08-14-2012 at 08:26 PM   #16
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Does bluetooth stuff work on it? I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard
Yes, you can connect your bluetooth things to a ps3.

engman123 likes this.
Old 08-14-2012 at 10:08 PM   #17
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

By underpowered gaming system, as someone mentioned earlier, is that for the specs of a playstation, it is much cheaper to get a computer.

To be honest, with what you are doing, just use your existing computer/buy a new one and use a program that allows you to hook up an xbox controller to your computer. I play my computer all the times on our Plasma TV and it look fantastic, since monitors and most TVs now use the same cables.

Although NHL may only work ok (unless your good with just using a wireless mouse/keyboard), shooters will work amazing. It is also super easy to use media like movies or music since you don't have to put anything onto the system
Old 08-19-2012 at 10:34 AM   #18
mistry121

Liked: 1 Time

god of war III...

That is all.

lgdynasty likes this.
Old 08-19-2012 at 09:53 PM   #19
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
By underpowered gaming system, as someone mentioned earlier, is that for the specs of a playstation, it is much cheaper to get a computer.

To be honest, with what you are doing, just use your existing computer/buy a new one and use a program that allows you to hook up an xbox controller to your computer. I play my computer all the times on our Plasma TV and it look fantastic, since monitors and most TVs now use the same cables.

Although NHL may only work ok (unless your good with just using a wireless mouse/keyboard), shooters will work amazing. It is also super easy to use media like movies or music since you don't have to put anything onto the system
My desktop is equipped with a 64MB integrated Graphics card I use my 2 year old macbook for everything. I thought about building a PC but decided against it. I would only ever use it to play games and it is very inconvenient for just that purpose.

It wont be anywhere as portable as a console and its makes it harder to play multiplayer games when people come over.
Old 09-07-2012 at 01:14 PM   #20
stanislawb

Liked: 0 Times

I was thinking to get one too. I got an xbox and that broke within two weeks. Started to freeze. But im prob gonna mod it.
Old 09-10-2012 at 04:37 PM   #21
oldsrk

have a ps3 for sale message for info
Old 09-11-2012 at 04:22 PM   #22
walee

well PS4 is under development
Old 09-11-2012 at 04:34 PM   #23
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by walee View Post
well PS4 is under development
But that is going to cost 400-500$

Did some research and they are suppose to announce cheaper PS3 end Sept
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:29 AM   #24
aqeel123

god of war three give it a try
Old 09-13-2012 at 07:52 PM   #25
vraj12

If yr busy and had to cut down on computer, why would you buy a ps3?

It may go one of 2 ways: you may become addicted to it or after the craving has passed, you'll regret spending x amount of money.

Of course, if you can restrain and play moderately, you should buy 1, it's awesome.
Old 09-17-2012 at 08:10 PM   #26
dennibb

i got one if you want!
Old 09-17-2012 at 10:17 PM   #27
rythmatical

Liked: 28 Times

Get the next Wii
Old 09-17-2012 at 10:40 PM   #28
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Have a Wii and a PS3. Had a PS2, N64, GBA, GBC. 'Have' (emulate) a PS on my laptop when I have the time to do it (with a controller, since i hate using keyboards).

I wish they'd stop being so concerned with HD and get back on making good storylines... and games were you get swords and arrows and magic and not guns. I could probably count on my hand the good RPGS out there... -sigh- I play a lot more in the summer, and this year I'm busy, so I'm cutting down (still use it for video and stuff though).

BUT back to the OP:
-Casual, go Wii. Wii(s) are made for casual gamers (hence the heavy marketing campaign on children and ladies not including myself). They're cheap and have fun, easy-to-get-into games. They are also the most multiplier friendly of the major systems, which I think is more important for more casual gamers. The games are addictive, but its not like you are spending 30+ hours to get through an epic story.
-PS3 probably is the most useful (Blu-ray, etc), but for a casual pick-up and go gamer, I'd still say Wii (essp if you are in res- they are very small, easy to set-up and move around). My PS3 experience is mostly limited to long-term (I like to take my time, get invested, etc), RPG type of games, so I might be giving a slightly skewed assessment, but they are heavy, expensive, serious machines.
-Never got into xbox, but its closer to the PS3 than it is the Wii.
-iphone, etc games. If you have one, it could fill your little craving. They're on the Wii end of the spectrum - easy, casual gamers in mind.

But, for sure, Wii is probably best for you, based on what I've read.

Entropy likes this.
Old 09-17-2012 at 11:19 PM   #29
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I wish they'd stop being so concerned with HD and get back on making good storylines... and games were you get swords and arrows and magic and not guns. I could probably count on my hand the good RPGS out there... -sigh- I play a lot more in the summer, and this year I'm busy, so I'm cutting down (still use it for video and stuff though).
I was finding that too, so I started looking at Indie games and many of them are fun. If you follow http://www.humblebundle.com/ all proceeds go to charity, and you choose the price you pay. They rotate games every month or so but I am still finishing up the last pack and they are very good games.

When looking for a system, look at the games available as well as your price range before looking at the system. If you are into the God of Wars series, then obviously Playstation is best although it will cost a bit more. If you like Mario Games and want to play it with guys and girls, as well as games being a bit cheaper, then get a Wii
Old 09-19-2012 at 08:12 AM   #30
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

And the Super Slim PS3 is announced!