MacInsiders Logo

Pleasantly Surprised

Old 11-25-2009 at 11:02 PM   #1
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Pleasantly Surprised
Yesterday after class I was on my way to the bus stop, when my student card fell out of my pocket.
I quickly realized this and backtracked up the path I was walking on, but I found nothing. I had figured that someone had picked it up RIGHT after I dropped it.
My first reaction was to go to Office of the Registrar and get a new one, but it was closed!
Freaking out, I thought “no problem, I’ll just call my boyfriend on my--“ when I realized my mom had taken away my cell phone! O_O
So after using a random persons cell phone, waiting in the cold and rain for 20 mins, I got a ride home.
The next day I went to the Registrar’s office numerous times, but no one had returned my card. They said it was best to wait a couple days in case they returned it a day or two later.
I went home tonight, disappointed; checked my e-mail, and VOILA!
Thode Library had sent me an e-mail saying that someone found my card!
I was ECSTATIC! Still am, actually!
And SUPER thankful to the person who found my card and took the time to bring it to the library. It means a lot. J
People are honestly SCREWED without those cards, as I’m sure you all know.

Oh, for anyone who finds random cards, bring them to Gilmour Hall, Office of the Registrar (2nd floor), or a library, I guess.
You would be making life SO much easier for a person, not to mention, saving them $30.

Old 11-25-2009 at 11:18 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

That's sweet! It's awesome when people are nice enough to do that sort of thing. I remember forgetting my cellphone in Innis library last year, and luckily someone just brought it up to the desk instead of stealing it or using it for calls. Mac is full of nice people. :]
Old 11-25-2009 at 11:27 PM   #3
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Haha, I agree!
I love it.
Old 11-25-2009 at 11:33 PM   #4
MLSA29

Liked: 1 Time

That happened to me last year and I was so impressed. Someone actually took the time and effort to return my student card to the registrar's office. There are still decent people out there
Old 11-25-2009 at 11:56 PM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Yesterday after class I was on my way to the bus stop, when my student card fell out of my pocket.
I quickly realized this and backtracked up the path I was walking on, but I found nothing. I had figured that someone had picked it up RIGHT after I dropped it.
My first reaction was to go to Office of the Registrar and get a new one, but it was closed!
Freaking out, I thought “no problem, I’ll just call my boyfriend on my--“ when I realized my mom had taken away my cell phone! O_O
So after using a random persons cell phone, waiting in the cold and rain for 20 mins, I got a ride home.
The next day I went to the Registrar’s office numerous times, but no one had returned my card. They said it was best to wait a couple days in case they returned it a day or two later.
And SUPER thankful to the person who found my card and took the time to bring it to the library. It means a lot. J

Oh, for anyone who finds random cards, bring them to Gilmour Hall, Office of the Registrar (2nd floor), or a library, I guess.
You would be making life SO much easier for a person, not to mention, saving them $30.
Inb4 realizing your meal plan and/or flexdollars are gone .
Old 11-25-2009 at 11:57 PM   #6
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

About two weeks ago, I lost my student card and my monthly GO bus pass (and it was the beginning of the month too!). I looked everywhere and couldn't find it... so I decided to call the GO bus lost and found. No one was picking up/they had it on voicemail. The next day, early in the morning, I called them again, and thank god my bus driver had found the card and bus pass and I went to union station and picked everything up!

I was sooooo happy! Saved me $187 for the pass and $30 for the card!

xo.monica likes this.
Old 11-26-2009 at 12:08 AM   #7
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I've been on both ends of this situation- losing my student card and being finding out someone had turned it in (I actually showed up to the registrars office to get a new one made, when I told them my name the lady said "Oh, someone just turned your card in today!) as well as turning someone's card in to the office.

Although the card I turned in had gotten a bit damaged from the elements, so they might have opted for a new one anyway.
Old 11-26-2009 at 12:39 AM   #8
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I've lost my student card a grand total of 6 times.

Never returned once. ):
Old 11-26-2009 at 01:22 AM   #9
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I've lost my student card a grand total of 6 times.

Never returned once. ):
Did you ever end up losing money from people using them to buy food?
Old 11-26-2009 at 07:56 AM   #10
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

My sister in first year accidentally left her wallet thingy in class...

no one gave it back. Had to get a new student card, debit card, new locks on her door in rez, and she lost 20 bucks.

First years aren't so nice i guess :(
Old 11-26-2009 at 08:14 AM   #11
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Did you ever end up losing money from people using them to buy food?
Nah, I've never used the Mac meal plan since I've always lived in the opposite end of Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried though. Haha.
Old 11-26-2009 at 09:07 AM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

That was very nice for someone to return it, but to be honest, I'm not very surprised.

On Halloween, my boyfriend and I left 1280 to go home (there was a huge line to get in). We walked through the student centre and found a girl's purse. We checked inside for ID and there was a driver's licence, plus a bunch of cash. When we walked back to 1280 to give the purse to the security guard, everyone in line was like "You guys are so nice! Oh my god that's such good karma. That's so friendly of you guys!"

We walked away and were like "...Well duh. Who WOULDN'T return it?"

I know there's lots of people who would have stolen the money and left the purse in the student centre, but I could never imagine doing that. I don't feel special for giving it to security. Maybe that's just me!
Old 11-26-2009 at 09:51 AM   #13
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

One time I was walking across campus and I grabbed my student that was in my back pocket for some reason... as I continued walking, someone behind me tapped me on my shoulder and said did you drop this? He was holding a $10 bill that was in my back pocket and slipped out when I pulled out my card.

I was so amazed at that. :O I probably woudln't have missed it (I leave cash lying around in my pockets and then completely forget about them until I check my pockets before I throw something into the wash). And he could've easily kept it
Old 11-26-2009 at 02:01 PM   #14
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post

that is awful nice... but they could have used up your meal plan
Old 11-26-2009 at 02:54 PM   #15
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Its sad that people are so impressed by common decency.

Like really, you're a friggin' loser if you don't return things you find on campus.

Afzal says thanks to sew12 for this post.

xo.monica likes this.