MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-23-2015 at 12:55 AM   #1
Johalm1

Liked: 0 Times

Please Help Me!!
I took summer school which helped me reach my admission requirements and I handed in the transcript to the office myself but I found this email in my junk folder (idk why it ended up in my junk because I always get emails from Mac) but I don't understand why ??
The email said
"Your admission file has recently been reviewed and there are still outstanding conditions related to your Offer of Admission.
Please have your school scan or fax your official trasncripts to our office by August 25th at noon. Please ensure that you provide your McMaster Student number, the name of the program to which you have been admitted and your complete name in the communication.
Please note: Failure to clear all outstanding conditions of admission by the August 25 deadline will result in the immediate cancellation of your admission and registration at McMaster.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter."
Old 08-23-2015 at 01:53 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

You have to send them your official transcript from high school. Pretty simple, isn't it?

As for why it was in your junk, well, contact your mail provider and ask them.
Old 08-23-2015 at 02:09 AM   #3
Johalm1

Yes but I already handed them in my summer school transcript and wouldn't my school have already sent it at the end of the year?
Old 08-23-2015 at 02:18 AM   #4
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Maybe there was an issue.

You are lucky you still have 1.5 days after Monday morning. Just call the admission office first thing on Monday, ask what's up. Then if they confirm that there's some sort of fuck up with your stuff and you need to resend your stuff, call your school (or better yet go there) and ask them to do that.

TheMaster likes this.
Old 08-23-2015 at 03:49 AM   #5
Johalm1

My school is closed for the summer how am i supposed to get transcripts ?
Old 08-23-2015 at 09:29 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Try the school board?
Your best bet though is probably just to deal with McMaster directly and find out what happened, if the transcript was already sent in.
I don't think your school would automatically send it at the end of the summer school session, though.
Old 08-23-2015 at 11:56 AM   #7
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

What do you mean by closed? Unless it's getting demolished, there's always someone in the office.
Old 08-23-2015 at 12:21 PM   #8
Johalm1

I just logged into my OUAC application to see my academic information and my summer school mark is not there and even though I gave Mac my summer school transcript could this be the problem ?
Old 08-23-2015 at 12:55 PM   #9
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johalm1 View Post
I just logged into my OUAC application to see my academic information and my summer school mark is not there and even though I gave Mac my summer school transcript could this be the problem ?
Could be, you won't know for sure until you call them. Buckle up, it's gonna be entire Monday on the phone for you (assuming you don't live in Hamilton). I don't think this problem is impossible to solve in 1.5 days.

It could also be that you are fine and it was just a general warning that if someone doesn't send their papers before 25th, they don't get accepted. And your marks are not seen only because they weren't processed yet (they might be doing that after the 25th).
Old 08-23-2015 at 01:12 PM   #10
Johalm1

Yes that makes sense as well. Thank you so much I'll be calling them tomorrow I just really hope everything is going to turn out okay!
Old 08-24-2015 at 07:55 PM   #11
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Hmmm, wonder how it went....
Old 08-25-2015 at 12:20 AM   #12
Johalm1

It went good! Basically the office had my transcript but didn't input my grade yet -_-. I got an email shortly after saying the conditions of my offer have been cleared.