MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-26-2013 at 03:13 AM   #1
MPatwa

Liked: 0 Times

Please help me!
Hi. I'm a first year Social Science student and I am taking courses to help me get ready for the MCAT. I am trying to sign up for Bio 1A03 but it SOLAR keeps telling me I don't have the prerequisites. I have a grade 12 Bio credit and i also signed up for another science program so whats the problem? Help would be greatly appreciated because my SOLAR will close in a day. Thanks
Old 06-26-2013 at 03:26 AM   #2
Sierra94

Hey there. I believe you're facing that issue cuz u haven't signed up for the mandatory pre-requisites for the lab component of BIO 1A03. Sign up for WHMIS 1A00 and HTH SCI 1BS0 before choosing bio and hopefully, it should work!
Old 06-26-2013 at 03:41 AM   #3
MPatwa

I tried signing up for those two courses. I switched 1a03 to term 2 and had 1m03 in term 1. Those were my two science courses. I also added those prereqs but SOLAR didnt let me register. Should I just call Mac in the morning and ask for help?
Old 06-26-2013 at 03:47 AM   #4
fatimaa

Liked: 4 Times

I'm having the same problem! Somehow it says that "2 D Avail" but when I click it options for Core do not show up. Help!
Old 06-26-2013 at 04:06 AM   #5
MPatwa

If you find a solution, please let me know. Ill do the same if i can figure this shit out.
Old 06-26-2013 at 04:26 AM   #6
fatimaa

Liked: 4 Times

I asked my brother, whose in second year,
He said that you should just leave that option out (Leave 3 units from your schedule), then when Solar opens again, and the university has your credits, you will have the prerequisites to take the course.
Not 100% sure of this, but I need Bio 1A03 as well, and I'm gonna do that
Old 06-26-2013 at 09:12 AM   #7
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

you have to be in a science, arts and science or an engineering program to be able to take bio 1a03, says right here --> Prerequisite(s):
Grade 12 Biology U or BIOLOGY 1P03 and registration in any Level I program in the Faculty of Science or any program above Level I; or registration in Arts & Science I, Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, or Electrical and Biomedical Engineering
Old 06-26-2013 at 10:19 AM   #8
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatimaa View Post
I'm having the same problem! Somehow it says that "2 D Avail" but when I click it options for Core do not show up. Help!
That isn't a problem...you're not supposed to be able to pick sections now anyways.

But yeah, the OP's problem is that they aren't registered in a program that is allowed to take the bios in first year, so the prereqs aren't met. The bio department doesn't do waivers for these courses until the spring/summer terms, so you'll have to wait until at least then to take it.
Old 06-26-2013 at 12:09 PM   #9
MPatwa

Prerequisite(s):
Grade 12 Biology U or BIOLOGY 1P03 and registration in any Level I program in the Faculty of Science or any program above Level I; or registration in Arts & Science I, Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, or Electrical and Biomedical Engineering

Where it says "or any program above level 1", does that mean I can take this course second year? or even maybe in summer school?
Old 06-26-2013 at 12:41 PM   #10
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPatwa View Post
Prerequisite(s):

Where it says "or any program above level 1", does that mean I can take this course second year? or even maybe in summer school?
Yes, you can take it in second year since level 2 is above level 1.
In the 2014 summer term you'll still be considered a level 1 student, but the bio department will give waivers so that you can take it in the summer.
Old 06-26-2013 at 01:03 PM   #11
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

You can also contact your faculty advisor. Best to call them