MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Should all highscores in the arcade be reduced to keep the arcade competitive?
Yes, reduce all the scores to increase competitiveness 5 25.00%
No, I want to keep them the same, I fought for my score and don't want to fight for it back 11 55.00%
I really don't care 3 15.00%
Arcade? What arcade? 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Some new arcade games Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-07-2007 12:09 PM
Arcade Makeover Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-05-2007 07:07 PM
New arcade games admin MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-26-2006 01:26 AM

POLL: Arcade changes, need your opinion

POLL: Arcade changes, need your opinion

Hi everyone,

The arcade is a big part of MacInsiders and, believe it or not, one of our most popular features. Reading the comments members make in the highscores has definitely been humorous and entertaining, and it's fun to have some friendly competitiveness going on and something to do to pass the time over the summer.

The arcade has been so popular that now just about every game has been played many times and the top games now have so many high scores that it is very difficult to beat them (congrats, by the way, to those who got in the top spots!). Top players are awarded with trophy icons and, if you noticed, you can view user's arcade awards by clicking "Arcade Awards" in any of their forum posts.

So we have a proposal. We have the option available to do a mass reduction of all highscores by a certain amount, so that the hierarchy of scores remain the same and the scores are not deleted, but the scores all become lowered so that it's possible for people to try and compete for the top spot again and getting first place in the highscores for the popular games becomes attainable.

We have opened a poll in this thread where those who play the arcade a lot can give their feedback. Would you like to see all highscores reduced by a small amount as to keep the arcade competitive? Answer by adding your vote to the poll at the top of this thread.

Also I'll take this opportunity to shoutout to all the top arcade scorers! Darren is in first place with 71 Arcade Titles, followed by Pwned with 26, chopski with 25, *Dmc* with 11, and beckej3 with 10!

LET THE USERS SPEAK OUT!

It's your choice.

Regards,
Chad Fullerton
MacInsiders President
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-08-2008 at 11:03 PM   #2
Sohaibb
Program: Honours Biology - Physiology Specialization
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 0 Times
Heyy Chad,

I've played on the arcade maybe like twice and I already have four trophies. I would consider myself an average game player, so in my opinion the high scores are not even that high up. The only exceptions are the most popular games, like keep ups where someone got 10035 or something :| (thats 10035 clicks with your mouse!). I think its fun to see how high the scores can become and then its actually more worthwhile when you are trying to get to the top. Besides, if we erased the highscores, Darren would be heart broken LOL .
Old 07-08-2008 at 11:09 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
The scores would not be erased, they would be reduced. Thus if a game has a highscore of 2000 which is a super hard and almost impossible score to beat, then players who try super hard may give up thinking theres no hope in beating that score. I know other forums that have done it and it has been a good thing, so I figured I'd pass it by you all to see what you thought of the idea.

If the reduction were to happen, all scores would be reduced by x amount, so it could go from 2000 to 1500 for example, and maybe now give more chances to get a top score again. The person who originally had 2000 points however would need to play the game again to try and reclaim their top score.

There's advantages and disadvantages, as it could potentially make the arcade more fun as you have new chances to get top scores, but also could upset people that hold the top spots right now.

Thus the need for a member poll, since you guys get to make the decision!

And yes, Darren rocks the arcade
  Deleted Post Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search