MacInsiders Logo

Poop phobia...

Old 03-16-2013 at 02:46 PM   #1
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Poop phobia...
I have a phobia of going to the bathroom for #2 in any toilet aside from my own because I'm scared of causing an overflow / damaging the toilet. I think it's a phobia..
Any advice to help me overcome this is appreciated.
It's pretty crappy to live like this, and I don't want to hold this phobia with me forever.
Old 03-16-2013 at 02:48 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

you could think of it this way... public toilets tend to have stronger flush power

MalK, Zebedee like this.
Old 03-16-2013 at 02:54 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
you could think of it this way... public toilets tend to have stronger flush power
Yeah, that's true. If anything your phobia should apply in your own home..but in your own home you would be less embarrassed if you clogged the toilet or not.
Old 03-16-2013 at 03:30 PM   #4
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

lol story

my mum sent me to a after school class for english. on a hot june afternoon during the last day of class i had to release excrement badly but i too suffered from the same phobia as the op, but it was either shitting in my pants or overcoming my phobia. So logocailly i shat in my pants...

lol no, i raised my hand and asked the teacher if i could go to the bathroom and ofc she said yes. I went to the bath room and did my business. And you guessed it, i clogged the toilet. I tried to unclog it by flushing the toilet but the filthy water just kept filling up until it was up to the brim. I was so scared the lady at the front desk was going to make me fix the toilet with my bare hands so i just ran back to class before someone else needed to use the bathroom.

So at this point everything was fine. back in class, doing English work.

After about 10 minutes i get back to class, this other guy in my class gets up and ask to go to the bathroom. AND The secretary comes at the same announces to everyone the toilet is clogged, shes going to go get a plumber. I was thinking to myself "okay....dont look at me, it could've been anyone who clogged it during the 5 minutes after i came back"

So the guy sits down, wait, gets up ask again, leaves, comes back shortly still holding his stomach because the bathroom is still out of use. this happened many times over the next 30 minutes.

Finally, he puts his head down on the desk, and proceed to shit his pants while groaning....

I was laughing so hard inside, but felt soooo bad...Also it could've been me dropping the bomb in my pants if he want to the bathroom first.

LOL for the OP even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; This confession has meant nothing. if not, it probably added fear to your phobia.
Old 03-16-2013 at 03:37 PM   #5
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

So you don't like public toilets because you're afraid of clogging rather than not being comfortable with others in the washroom? Much easier solution then. Just consume a decent amount of water and fresh veggies and you shouldn't have too much of an issue.
Old 03-16-2013 at 03:39 PM   #6
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post
lol story

my mum sent me to a after school class for english. on a hot june afternoon during the last day of class i had to release excrement badly but i too suffered from the same phobia as the op, but it was either shitting in my pants or overcoming my phobia. So logocailly i shat in my pants...

lol no, i raised my hand and asked the teacher if i could go to the bathroom and ofc she said yes. I went to the bath room and did my business. And you guessed it, i clogged the toilet. I tried to unclog it by flushing the toilet but the filthy water just kept filling up until it was up to the brim. I was so scared the lady at the front desk was going to make me fix the toilet with my bare hands so i just ran back to class before someone else needed to use the bathroom.

After about 10 minutes i get back to class, this other guy in my class gets up and ask to go to the bathroom. AND The secretary comes at the same announces to everyone the toilet is clogged, shes going to go get a plumber. I was thinking to myself "okay....dont look at me, it could've been anyone who clogged it during the 5 minutes after i came back"

So the guy sits down, wait, gets up ask again, leaves, comes back shortly still holding his stomach because the bathroom is still out of use. this happened many times over the next 30 minutes.

Finally, he puts his head down on the desk, and proceed to shit his pants while groaning....

I was laughing so hard inside, but felt soooo bad...Also it could've been me dropping the bomb in my pants if he want to the bathroom first.

LOL for the OP even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; This confession has meant nothing. if not, it probably added fear to your phobia.
Ohh man, there was only 1 toilet around?? I might have considered just running into the ladies room at that point. Better than soiling myself lol.

biglandfarm, Zebedee like this.
Old 03-16-2013 at 03:41 PM   #7
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee90 View Post
Ohh man, there was only 1 toilet around?? I might have considered just running into the ladies room at that point. Better than soiling myself lol.

Asian palza on Sunday so everything is closed + 1 Unisex bathroom
Old 03-16-2013 at 07:00 PM   #8
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglandfarm View Post
lol story

Moral of the story: Take a shit before someone else shits and ruins your shit.

biglandfarm, Desda, RyanC like this.
Old 03-16-2013 at 10:53 PM   #9
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

Don't take a dump in any toilet but your own, then.
Old 03-16-2013 at 10:58 PM   #10
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

as a kid i always avoided taking shits in public. even in high school i wouldnt go. once i came to mac i started taking the biggest shits everywhere since it gets too painful now
Old 03-16-2013 at 11:03 PM   #11
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Lmao...this thread is hilarious.

Also...biglandfarm, how old were you when this incident occurred??
Old 03-16-2013 at 11:08 PM   #12
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I always avoided going to the washroom for #2 throughout high school..when i came to mac, things changed and i don't mind it all if i had to go. However, i still avoid it in other public washrooms.

To answer your question Simon, i am not sure what you can do, but for me i guess it was that change in environment (from hs to uni) that made the change. And about the overflow part, i totally understand, i am always afraid it might happen to me.
Old 03-16-2013 at 11:08 PM   #13
Jimbojones

Liked: 16 Times

The solution to your phobia is simple:
Poop while performing sequential flushing. For example, you poop a little bit, and you flush. Repeat this process until you are done.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 03-16-2013 at 11:17 PM   #14
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

^if you dont get up from the seat then the water will hit u. i dont wanna get up while taking a shit. and when you have big shits then most of it comes out at the very beginning anyways. why do you even care i u make the toilet at mac overflow. no one would know it was you
Old 03-16-2013 at 11:45 PM   #15
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Wow thank you. I started to suffer from this in the way biglandfarm tells his story.. and because of a similar situation.. but at my grandfolks house during a wedding-preplan party as a kid. Needless to say the house stank and everyone was angry at my parents and they were super angry at me..