MacInsiders Logo

Is it possible to get a 13 in the course?

Old 12-13-2012 at 06:21 PM   #31
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

You know what's funny...
All this talk about Health Scis being obnoxious know-it-alls...snobbish...pom pous and stand-offish...
I'm in Health Sci, and I get the standard "Health Sci" treatment from my peers.
Some of them.
I can point them out to you.
Must be because I'm the misfit, eh? Charity case?
Old 12-13-2012 at 06:41 PM   #32
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
You know what's funny...
All this talk about Health Scis being obnoxious know-it-alls...snobbish...pom pous and stand-offish...
I'm in Health Sci, and I get the standard "Health Sci" treatment from my peers.
Some of them.
I can point them out to you.
Must be because I'm the misfit, eh? Charity case?
there is people like that in every program.

abit more in hsci because everyone was the best at their highschool.
Old 12-13-2012 at 07:38 PM   #33
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
nice math bro... denominator for the 2nd one is 14.. so the GPA goes from 9.25 --> 9.64.
LOL! I actually copied and pasted example A and forgot to change the 12 haha
Old 12-13-2012 at 07:38 PM   #34
swarly

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by songj6 View Post
I completely agree that health sci's are actually really smart and cool people, but some have a "negative opinion" because some may sometimes come off as elitists (esp in early years lol), with similar equivalents like the schulichers for example. but of course, generalizing based on anecdotal evidence would be fallacious, as i personally know a bunch of health sci'ers that are really cool people

but personally, i'm more upset towards the selective treatment from the school towards health sci's benefit, rather than health sci's themselves. everyone's probably aware that they have access to a network called learnlink which is pretty much like a localized avenue that runs off a software. but what a vast majority isn't aware of, is that they have access to a pool of old material that nobody else is given (previous quizzes, tests etc.). i'm pretty sure they all know that it's exclusive to them, yet i've never seen any of them willingly announce that they will distribute the resources for others to use. its funny because i've taken a couple health sci courses before, and had temporary access to learnlink (other biochem and nursing courses use learnlink as well; the entire health sci umbrella), but it stands that only health sci'ers have access to all the goodies. i know this because i had a friend in the program that let me on his account to download the material that i needed for my courses. i get that mac holds a lot of pride in their health sci program, but come on don't neglect your other children :'(

there's no denying that health sci's are smart, but i thought it was an unfair favoritism shown by mac as an institute. its like us civilians racing against pro athletes who are given cleats while we run in our humble sneakers
just to be clear, i very much so like health sci students; i dont like what mac's doing for them, and them only
I don't understand why everybody makes a big deal about how there is old material on LearnLink. Profs, faculty members, or McMaster does not give us past years stuff. These notes, etc. are posted on LearnLink by upper year Health Scis who just want to share it with their work and resources with other students. Any other faculty can share their notes they make fora class and stuff with anybody in their program if they chose to.
Old 12-13-2012 at 07:51 PM   #35
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

harder to access for others and lots of people in other programs dont even know you guys get this stuff so they dont think about getting it themselves.
Old 12-13-2012 at 08:28 PM   #36
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarly View Post
I don't understand why everybody makes a big deal about how there is old material on LearnLink. Profs, faculty members, or McMaster does not give us past years stuff. These notes, etc. are posted on LearnLink by upper year Health Scis who just want to share it with their work and resources with other students. Any other faculty can share their notes they make fora class and stuff with anybody in their program if they chose to.
That's not the point. Well, it is for sharing notes and stuff, but I already addressed that. It doesn't matter if you don't see the point in others making a big deal of it, the reality is that it contributes to the negative image people have of health scis, which is what was originally asked.

As for sharing old tests and assignments, the fact that the profs AREN'T sharing them makes it academic dishonesty. Saying that the stuff is posted by students really doesn't make anything better.
Old 12-13-2012 at 09:15 PM   #37
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Ahem. Please deviate from bashing on health sciences and stick to the topic of the OP.

TheCrucible, Zebedee like this.
Old 12-13-2012 at 09:18 PM   #38
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

no ones really bashed on anyone. this convo is fine styl
Old 12-15-2012 at 12:24 AM   #39
durgaprasadzo

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.