MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When do exam dates come out kotton Academics 4 09-09-2012 04:24 PM
when find out final exam dates? curiousabout First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-25-2011 01:59 PM
McDonalds 1/2 price Angus???? April 12-April 18 elvindsouza Student Deals & Discounts 18 04-14-2011 04:34 PM
Summer school approximate exam dates thdms9211 Academics 5 02-26-2011 03:13 PM
Final exam dates thdms9211 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-14-2010 12:33 PM

Is it possible to know the exam dates in April sooner?

Old 10-07-2012 at 08:10 PM   #1
lovekblue

Liked: 7 Times

Is it possible to know the exam dates in April sooner?
I need to book for the plane ticket in April soon or it will be filled very soon.
What if the plane date overlaps with the exam date, what can I do about it?
I can't wait until the schedule comes out or it will be too late to reserve for a plane ticket.
Old 10-07-2012 at 08:11 PM   #2
lovekblue

Liked: 7 Times

Is it safe to book it on April 25th as I checked last year's exam finished before 25th
Old 10-07-2012 at 08:31 PM   #3
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

mac hasn't even released the exam schedule for the fall term (usually early Nov). no chance the winter exams schedule will be released now or any time soon. have to wait until end of Feb or early March for its release.

last day for exams for the upcoming winter term is April 30th 2013. book your flight for May 1st.

source: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...sessional.html

lovekblue says thanks to icecubz for this post.
Old 10-07-2012 at 09:32 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekblue View Post
I need to book for the plane ticket in April soon or it will be filled very soon.
What if the plane date overlaps with the exam date, what can I do about it?
I can't wait until the schedule comes out or it will be too late to reserve for a plane ticket.
If the plane date overlaps with your exam date, you cannot do anything about it unless you have a very good reason for needing to be elsewhere (I've heard that family weddings count lol). Booking a flight home and/or on vacation will get you a zero on the exam.
Old 10-08-2012 at 11:45 PM   #5
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Book the plane ticket for May 1, or even May 2 for that matter. Even if you are able to defer an exam, you won't write until the Dec. '13 exam period I believe. If, for some reason, you are scheduled to write a deferred exam in the summer and you cannot make the date, the course will be cancelled, without refund.

lovekblue says thanks to Alomar12 for this post.
Old 10-09-2012 at 10:56 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alomar12 View Post
Book the plane ticket for May 1, or even May 2 for that matter. Even if you are able to defer an exam, you won't write until the Dec. '13 exam period I believe. If, for some reason, you are scheduled to write a deferred exam in the summer and you cannot make the date, the course will be cancelled, without refund.
Deferred April exams are written at the end of June. Exact dates are available on the registrar's website under "sessional dates".

Alomar12, lovekblue all say thanks to starfish for this post.