Deferred Exam Schedule ahluwaab Academics 1 01-23-2014 10:11 PM
Deferred Exam for summer. john1993 Academics 2 04-25-2012 01:10 PM
Deferred Exam PaulFrank Academics 2 08-26-2010 06:53 PM

Is it possible to move deferred exam?

Old 02-13-2014 at 01:49 PM   #1
Montizzle

Liked: 0 Times

Is it possible to move deferred exam?
Hi I had to deferan exam and now it is on the reading week starting tomorrow. However its such a bad time for me due to work/ volunteer obligations. in addition i really need the reading week to actually catch up on work! I went to the associate dean office but they gave me no options, they said I had to write it. This is a desperation plea, is there anything I can possiblydue to have the exam moved? Thankyou
Old 02-13-2014 at 02:26 PM   #2
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

No, there is nothing you can do.

Even if you were in serious condition (accident/illness), and had legitimate grounds to defer an already deferred exam, they still wouldn't let you. So they absolutely won't do so because of your other commitments.
Old 02-13-2014 at 05:13 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

This is why it's not a good idea to defer an exam unless absolutely necessary - it is a risk, because quite frankly, it wouldn't matter if your entire family died in a plane crash or something horrible like that. You cannot defer a deferred exam - it says this in bolded italic letters on the form (unless they changed the form...but it should still say). You might be busy, but you can either suck it up or repeat the course. That might sound harsh, but it's the way it is.

I have a friend who deferred, and he and the other two students in the class were told the wrong room. While it was eventually sorted out and they started about an hour late, they were told that if they hadn't been able to figure things out (or if they had just waited in the room without going to find someone from the exam office), they would have "missed the deferred exam" and had to repeat the course, through no fault of their own.
Old 02-14-2014 at 08:23 AM   #4
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

The fact that you knew of this exam date for over a month and didnt do anything to prepare/clear your schedule for this day shows a lack of dedication/commitment on your part. Life is full of deadlines, and newsflash for ya, they dont change deadlines just because "its such a bad time" for you. Especially when you already backed up the exam once! Enjoy taking the class over, and i say this because based on your original post, i doubt you have put in the time to study and prepare yourself