MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-01-2009 at 02:17 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Posting an ad on Kijiji
Okay, so. I'm thinking of posting an ad on Kijiji because I want a part time job this year. This way, I can state my conditions, what times I can work, etc.. instead of applying to places and wasting my time at interviews only to find out that they want me to work random, inconsistent shifts.

So, has anyone ever posted something on Kijiji? I'm kind of worried about getting a bunch of bullshit replies by creepy old men asking me to come to their house or whatever. Is it pretty legit? Anyone ever had success with it?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-01-2009 at 02:32 PM   #2
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Lol, no. I've posted countless times. It's all cool. If you put your number on there, you risk getting these weird businesses calling you (I had that one time) but you can figure it out form the highly unrecognizeable number.

lawleypop says thanks to mike_302 for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 02:38 PM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I had posted on Kijiji but then my family advised me to remove the posting after I got a message that the CEO of a company was personally interested in my resume.
But see I have no work experience so it made me think.
Some businesses post on Craig's List and Kijiji so always keep an eye out for those. (ExtremePita once did). However, avoid putting your own details up. In my personal experience, it just leads to call centre offers and...some other..shadier things.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lawleypop says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 03:18 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

If you do get someone offering you a job, make sure you go with someone to your interview or the place. I can't forget those girls who were... well, prostitutes, posted on craigslist and eventually got killed by this wacko in the states.
Old 09-01-2009 at 04:02 PM   #5
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Just make sure that you use a cellphone number instead of a home number - or else they can reverse 411 you and find out where you live ;__;
Old 09-01-2009 at 04:12 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I didn't put my phone number. They can just contact me by e-mail.

Old 09-01-2009 at 07:23 PM   #7
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I'm kind of worried about getting a bunch of bullshit replies
You may get a lot of these. It might be a good idea to leave out that you're female. This should at least cut down the nothing replies by 2/3. Of the rest, you'd need to filter spam and lookey-loos but you might get a serious nibble.

Best of luck.
Old 09-01-2009 at 07:27 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjkghkghkgh View Post
You may get a lot of these. It might be a good idea to leave out that you're female. This should at least cut down the nothing replies by 2/3. Of the rest, you'd need to filter spam and lookey-loos but you might get a serious nibble.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the good luck.

But yea, I didn't include the fact that I was a female. I know how the minds of creepy men work.