Postponing an Exam mellye Academics 4 04-08-2010 11:47 AM
Summer School Exam Schedule reeves Academics 7 03-27-2010 10:40 PM
Summer School Exam Schedule Kevin S General Discussion 4 05-31-2009 09:32 AM

Postponing Summer School Exam

Old 06-05-2011 at 09:31 AM   #1
patso29

Liked: 3 Times

Postponing Summer School Exam
So my sister is graduating and I really don't want to miss it for a stupid economics exam, so is there anyone I can talk to so that I can get an earl write, like in the morning or something? my teacher is not being very helpful, keeps telling me the office of the registrar is strict or something, but I know they aren't and I don't know how to even contact them, Thanks for the help!!
Old 06-05-2011 at 09:36 AM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

You know they arn't strict? You're wrong, they are pretty strict. You will have to have a good reason and plead your case pretty well to convince them otherwise.

Go into Gilmour Hall (beside student center) and go to the Office of the Registrar, and then plead your case.

Good Luck!
Old 06-05-2011 at 09:44 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Go to the office thats on the same floor as the OSAP office and try talking to them. Its really up to your professor. If he/she says 'the registrar is strict', they're probably full of it and just don't want to spend time making another exam and making another room booking. If that fails, contact the Ombuds. (905-525-9140 ext. 24151 or [email protected])
Old 06-05-2011 at 09:51 AM   #4
patso29

Liked: 3 Times

do u guys suggest I say its a graduation or go with some other excuse? and also is the place in the student centre or is it a seperate building, b/c if it's in the student centre I think I know the place your talking about, also what's ombuds?
Old 06-05-2011 at 09:55 AM   #5
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Gilmour Hall is technically a different building, but it is attached to the Student Center.