MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

Prereq question >_<

Old 06-15-2010 at 07:24 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Prereq question >_<
So I just realized that like, all the upper Econ courses I want to take have 2x03 as a prereq... If I'm taking it now in summer school, will I still be able to register for these courses tonight? o_O

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-15-2010 at 07:39 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

You should be able to. I've registered for courses while I was taking their prereq's.

For example I took Commerce 2AA3 and 2AB3 during the summer and I was able to register for 2AB3 once I had added 2AA3 to my course list.

They give you the benefit of the doubt that you'll pass the course and satisfy the prerequisites.

lawleypop says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 06-15-2010 at 07:39 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Apparently not?
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea....html?p=141978

Why do you save everything for the last minute haha...
Old 06-15-2010 at 07:43 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Apparently not?
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea....html?p=141978

Why do you save everything for the last minute haha...
a) I can barely understand what that girl is saying
b) It doesn't matter when I realized it because there's still only so many courses that I want to take and either way, I still have like 20 courses on my notepad file of non-econ courses.

Old 06-15-2010 at 07:47 PM   #5
irule333

Liked: 2 Times

I just registered in chem 2e03 and im taking chem 1aa3 in the summer

lawleypop says thanks to irule333 for this post.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 06-15-2010 at 07:53 PM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
So I just realized that like, all the upper Econ courses I want to take have 2x03 as a prereq... If I'm taking it now in summer school, will I still be able to register for these courses tonight? o_O
If all else fails, email your department stating that you need the prerequisites waived and that you're doing it this summer. I'm assuming you're in Commerce? I've been told that they're asses about prerequisites being waived (I sought to have 2AA3 waived since I'm doing an online equivalent this summer and they won't until it's completed). If you're doing the course right now, I would prove to them that you're doing the course and will most likely pass it by providing marks or something similar. If you're not doing it, and doing it in the 2nd summer term, then just email and politely ask. If you're going to strike out, you may as well strike out swinging.

Curiosity: Are you finishing the class up right now? If so, how is it, math-wise and everything else-wise? Is the textbook even worthwhile-- if so, can I purchase? And if you're doing it next term, which section are you in? Day or evening? 'Cause, if you're evening, we should totally be buddies mirite?

Old 06-15-2010 at 07:58 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
If all else fails, email your department stating that you need the prerequisites waived and that you're doing it this summer. I'm assuming you're in Commerce? I've been told that they're asses about prerequisites being waived (I sought to have 2AA3 waived since I'm doing an online equivalent this summer and they won't until it's completed). If you're doing the course right now, I would prove to them that you're doing the course and will most likely pass it by providing marks or something similar. If you're not doing it, and doing it in the 2nd summer term, then just email and politely ask. If you're going to strike out, you may as well strike out swinging.

Curiosity: Are you finishing the class up right now? If so, how is it, math-wise and everything else-wise? Is the textbook even worthwhile-- if so, can I purchase? And if you're doing it next term, which section are you in? Day or evening? 'Cause, if you're evening, we should totally be buddies mirite?
a) We can totally be buddies anyways
b) I'm finishing up the class right now, exam on thursday (I think XD)
c) I dunno, you need to know derivatives and stuff. Not anything hard, but to find Short Run Marginal Cost you need to derive the Total Cost function or whatever.
d) Idk how helpful the textbook is... I've only read a few chapters here and there. I'm normally a big textbook person so I'm kinda bummed that I haven't had time to read it. D: But I think Aswani gives you enough to not need the textbook. His examples normally come straight from it and his are easier to understand, for the most part.
e) Yea, you can buy it after I read it. XD

Edit: You're in eng. If you don't do well, you're a bigger r-tard than I am. ;D

Last edited by lawleypop : 06-15-2010 at 08:04 PM.

eullwm says thanks to lawleypop for this post.

Entropy likes this.
Old 06-15-2010 at 08:27 PM   #8
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
a) We can totally be buddies anyways
b) I'm finishing up the class right now, exam on thursday (I think XD)
c) I dunno, you need to know derivatives and stuff. Not anything hard, but to find Short Run Marginal Cost you need to derive the Total Cost function or whatever.
d) Idk how helpful the textbook is... I've only read a few chapters here and there. I'm normally a big textbook person so I'm kinda bummed that I haven't had time to read it. D: But I think Aswani gives you enough to not need the textbook. His examples normally come straight from it and his are easier to understand, for the most part.
e) Yea, you can buy it after I read it. XD

Edit: You're in eng. If you don't do well, you're a bigger r-tard than I am. ;D
Hurrah, on all accounts!

Danke.