MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Football Preview Show Sammcmaster Athletics & Recreation 0 08-23-2011 08:27 AM
Tiger Direct Top 50 deals + boxing day preview Chad Student Deals & Discounts 2 12-23-2010 12:15 PM
Maroons Homecoming Preview lorend MacInsiders Announcements 5 09-25-2010 08:51 PM
Photos aa84 General Discussion 2 05-22-2010 10:25 PM
More WW Photos! Chad General Discussion 0 09-08-2007 07:05 PM

preview photos on mac?

Old 05-15-2013 at 08:29 AM   #1
greenviewer

Liked: 0 Times

preview photos on mac?
Is anyone aware of photo software for Mac that allows you to preview iPhone photos in full-size on your Mac without importing them first?

I've recently switched from PC to Mac and this is the only feature which I sorely miss.

The iPhoto preview is too small to be of any use. I realize I could import all the photos I want to look at in full size, view them and then delete the ones I don't want, but the upload time is extremely inconvenient when you're dealing with large numbers of photos and just want to choose a few to upload quickly.

Any suggestions on image browser for mac are greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-15-2013 at 09:50 AM   #2
Porsche911

Liked: 7 Times

I hear ya. Photo management is easily my biggest complaint about the iPhone/Mac experience. iPhoto is absolute junk.

I have a saved search that automatically takes all the JPEGs from my iPhone and puts them in a Smart Folder. I forget exactly how I made it since I found the solution online a while ago, but this seems to be something like it:

http://www.cultofmac.com/165260/acce...nder-ios-tips/

There may also be some way to do it with Photo Stream/iCloud, but I'm not sure.
Old 05-15-2013 at 09:50 AM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

There is actually a program called Preview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preview_%28Mac_OS%29

Select the photo you want to preview in Finder, and just press the space bar, and the photo should open up in like a dialog box for you to see.
Old 05-15-2013 at 09:58 AM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

You can also try Xee