MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-29-2009 at 05:39 PM   #16
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.thomson View Post
Forwarding your email is very easy to do, the only thing is that when you reply it will be sent from your hotmail or gmail. If you want to reply from your mcmaster email than you have to do it on the server (which you can't do if the emails have already been forwarded), or from your mail program like I do.

you definitely don't need to include the muss.cis part in your address, and a quick way to get to your muss email is "muss.mcmaster.ca " incase you didn't know.
I don't know if this is the case with hotmail but with gmail you can actually set up your mac email account so you can compose messages from whichever email address you choose (gmail or mac).

syaseen likes this.
Old 07-29-2009 at 09:20 PM   #17
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Be careful with forwarding your emails though. Continue to check your Mac Email account because not all emails will be forwarded. I think that if someone sends you an email @muss.cis.mcmaster.ca , it won't be forwarded.

xxsumz says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 07-30-2009
stuv101
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-02-2009 at 12:09 AM   #18
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
Be careful with forwarding your emails though. Continue to check your Mac Email account because not all emails will be forwarded. I think that if someone sends you an email @muss.cis.mcmaster.ca , it won't be forwarded.
Wow, really? I didn't know that.. :S And here I was, never going to bother checking my Mac email account again....Thanks for the heads up Greg