MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Dec 23 : Scrap Metal Heroes Chad Daily Game 0 12-23-2010 04:34 AM
Any metal fans? bgold Music 17 08-13-2010 04:54 PM
Plastic vs. Metal: March 26th 2010 lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-12-2010 01:33 AM

Prog Metal

Old 02-04-2011 at 12:47 AM   #16
Squectangle

Liked: 14 Times

Not sure if Blind Guardian is considered progressive, but I used to listen to them a lot.

Now I'm more into symphonic, gothic, operatic, and power metal genres.

But yes, I agree. We are a lonely bunch.
Old 02-04-2011 at 01:07 AM   #17
peripheraL

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
This must be a recent essentials list, there is a djentlemen section.
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:09 AM   #18
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
automatically unreliable considering Scenes from a Memory is on that list over images and words

also disagree with the dimmu borgir album on there enthrone darkness triumphant IMO is by far their best.
You do realize that all the charts on there are just suggestions right? It isn't anything definitive or special. And considering /mu/, I would take the suggestions with a grain of salt.

peripheraL likes this.
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:39 AM   #19
peripheraL

Quote:
You do realize that all the charts on there are just suggestions right? It isn't anything definitive or special. And considering /mu/, I would take the suggestions with a grain of salt.
Quoted for truth.
Old 02-04-2011 at 12:33 PM   #20
Jman.

I absolutely love progressive, from Dream Theater to Circus Maximus, Opeth, etc, they're all good to me. Instrumentals are by far my favorite type of prog though.
Old 02-04-2011 at 12:51 PM   #21
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
well actually nowhere does the site say these are merely suggestions, "essentials"indicates that these are the classics of the genre

circus maximus is unreal
Old 02-04-2011 at 01:03 PM   #22
peripheraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman. View Post
I absolutely love progressive, from Dream Theater to Circus Maximus, Opeth, etc, they're all good to me. Instrumentals are by far my favorite type of prog though.
Check out Cloudkicker and Animals as Leaders.
Old 02-04-2011 at 03:31 PM   #23
cygnusX1

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
If you like Dream Theater and instrumentals then you'd love (and probably have already heard of) Liquid Tension Experiment. It's DT's members doing instrumental prog.
Old 02-04-2011 at 09:10 PM   #24
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

+ 1 for Liquid Tension Experiment, they are great.
Old 02-07-2011 at 03:47 PM   #25
Jman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripheraL View Post
Check out Cloudkicker and Animals as Leaders.
Really digging these bands so far, definitely going to get more into them, especially cloudkicker.
Old 02-07-2011 at 04:03 PM   #26
peripheraL

Quote:
Really digging these bands so far, definitely going to get more into them, especially cloudkicker.
You can never get sick of his work.