MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for tree! L'Étoile Computers & Tech 8 06-14-2011 05:42 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part Seven: Medical Radiation Sciences Program jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 1 09-05-2009 12:53 AM
Dedicate a Tree! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-16-2009 01:55 PM

Program tree?

Old 06-13-2011 at 05:01 PM   #1
Tedjoa

Liked: 0 Times

Program tree?
Does anyone know of a program or mac site that can show us the path we're on?

basically something that puts in all the courses we've taken and are going to complete in the coming year and see what courses/electives/# of units missing? I feel like this would be really useful for people to see the overall scheme of things. If anyone knows of such a thing that indicates how much you've done and what you're missing please let me know of it.
much thanks.
Old 06-13-2011 at 05:04 PM   #2
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

degree audit on mugsi perhaps?

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 06-13-2011 at 05:47 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

degree audit will only really show you that after you have completed you application into second year and chosen you major, other than that it will only show you the courses your taking and the marks you've gotten on them...so no it wont show you what your eligible for, what u need, and etc.... i doubt there is such a program, but i would love for there to be on ( ask some comp sci genius to create it on his spare time) ive found myself wishing for such a thing on many occasions
Old 06-13-2011 at 05:50 PM   #4
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

the best thing i think you can do is make a massive spreadsheet on excel and compare it with the program requirements you find on the undergrad calendar (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...11-12/pg3.html)
it will take a WHILE (trust me I've done it), but it is definitely worth it for peace of mind and organizations sake
Old 06-13-2011 at 06:11 PM   #5
Chevalier
Elite Member

haha id love to see it if u dont mind i usually create spread sheets for my grades and a bunch of other stuff
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:07 PM   #6
spyridm

Unfortunately the formatting messed up a bit when i saved it as a PDF- but that is pretty much the gist of it (and i removed my marks LOL)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf to send.pdf (191.0 KB, 58 views)

BlueWave, Chevalier, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:24 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

There's really no such thing because there are so many choices when it comes to courses, or course lists to pick from. The closest thing to that would be degree audit on Mugsi which is pretty useful actually.
Old 06-14-2011 at 05:17 PM   #8
Tedjoa

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks all. I'll check out the audit. as well as attempt an organized spread in my spare time =P
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:47 PM   #9
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyridm View Post
Unfortunately the formatting messed up a bit when i saved it as a PDF- but that is pretty much the gist of it (and i removed my marks LOL)
haha going through that i noticed u were in physio too (too bad i missed the clear indication under your name -_-)

btw just wondering but did u get into the stats and psych 2tt3?
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:32 PM   #10
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

audit tells you everything. What you need what you have and what porgram you're in.

I hate commas FYI
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:50 PM   #11
spyridm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
haha going through that i noticed u were in physio too (too bad i missed the clear indication under your name -_-)

btw just wondering but did u get into the stats and psych 2tt3?
hahaha its okay- no worries

and indeed I did get into both stats 2B03 and Psych 2TT3.... and Psych 2NF3 and Psych 2AA3 (as per the back up on my course outline winnnnnn!)