MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM

Psych 1X03 Final

Old 12-04-2012 at 08:57 AM   #1
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

Psych 1X03 Final
Hey,

I'm just a bit curious how people found the Psych 1X03 final last year?

I'm sitting at a fairly high mark in the course right now, but only because I wasn't doing the quizzes alone and my group was fairly smart (admittingly, lol). I'm currently trying to obtain a handle on all the course material...

Was the final exam at the level of the quizzes? I was told we were not going to be asked definition-type questions and the questions would be more direct...Was the final easier than the quizzes?
Old 12-04-2012
AngryBean
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-04-2012 at 09:53 AM   #2
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

Considering that almost nobody I know writes them alone and does it open book...I can say that many people are probably in the same boat here.

Anyways, I'm looking for constructive advice. I did take good notes for the course though so I'm currently re-reading all the notes + reviewing answers for the quizzes. I was told that the exam questions are not similar to the quizzes though. Is this true?
Old 12-05-2012 at 10:56 PM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I found the exam to be more difficult than the quizzes, but it may just have been the sheer amount of material.
Old 12-06-2012 at 12:02 AM   #4
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I found the exam to be more difficult than the quizzes, but it may just have been the sheer amount of material.
Wow, you're the first person I heard say that :(
I have it next Saturday lol
Old 12-06-2012 at 01:00 AM   #5
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Found the exam was much easier then the quizzes.
Old 12-06-2012 at 01:01 AM   #6
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady23 View Post
Wow, you're the first person I heard say that :(
I have it next Saturday lol
Maybe it's just because I didn't have my friends beside me to check over my answer, like I did for the quizzes .
Old 12-06-2012 at 01:01 AM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i started watching every lecture 15 hours before the exam and it went well.
Old 12-06-2012 at 01:40 AM   #8
science002

Liked: 4 Times

The exam wasn't that bad actually. I just found that while reviewing for it, I thought some things were easy and I sort of skimmed through them...and when they appeared on the exam, I remembered going though them, but the answers didn't com to me as quickly as I would have liked. So, I would say read EVERYTHING carefully and try to understand it, so you can retain it. Its a lot to remember for sure. I ended up with a good mark, so the exam must have been good
Old 12-06-2012 at 02:11 AM   #9
sangha06

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by science002 View Post
The exam wasn't that bad actually. I just found that while reviewing for it, I thought some things were easy and I sort of skimmed through them...and when they appeared on the exam, I remembered going though them, but the answers didn't com to me as quickly as I would have liked. So, I would say read EVERYTHING carefully and try to understand it, so you can retain it. Its a lot to remember for sure. I ended up with a good mark, so the exam must have been good
Were the questions on the exam similar to the ones on the tests? The tests have a lot of right answers but then there is the "most correct" answer.
Old 12-06-2012 at 08:35 AM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Found the exam fairly easy. But of course, I did all the quizzes alone. Found that people who did the quizzes in groups did poorer on the exam than those who solo'd (varies though).

There were situational questions: "guy x is acting like y, what does he likely have"
There were sub-defininal questions: quotation based around Freud's 'ego' and you have to figure out if it was talking about superego, etc.
Then there were straight-up defintion questions
Then vague situations where you had to give the proper term

kaoruyumi, sangha06 all say thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 12-06-2012 at 08:40 AM   #11
forcajovem

Liked: 8 Times

I did all the quizzes by myself throughout the term. I had some really rough grades, but I pulled through at the end. The final however, everything clicked. I struggled through the quizzes and it payed off doing them alone in the end. A lot of the people I talked to had a hard time with the final, and I am assuming they did the quizzes in groups.

My suggestion is, watch every single lecture with 100% attention. Go back and rewatch a segment if you didn't understand something. Start watching the lectures a few days before your final. Good luck!

kaoruyumi, sangha06 all say thanks to forcajovem for this post.
Old 12-06-2012 at 07:48 PM   #12
science002

Liked: 4 Times

I think it wasn't harder than the quiz questions, but there was a lot of choosing the most correct answer as well. Listening to the lectures with attention is key as pointed out in the above post. For a quick review, going over the course ware could be helpful as well. Good luck
Old 12-06-2012 at 10:06 PM   #13
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

I took it last year, and it was about the same difficulty as the quizzes

ur quiz marks are a good reflection of ur final grade... esply when u do them on ur own
Old 12-06-2012 at 10:36 PM   #14
5.98e24

Liked: 12 Times

When I took it last year, I was shocked how much more straightforward the exam was compared to the quizzes. The exam didn't require as much focus as I felt the quiz questions did. Compared to the quiz, it didn't demand the same level of absolute conviction that your answer was right and the others were definitely wrong. Or at least it didn't take nearly as long.

Last edited by 5.98e24 : 12-07-2012 at 02:55 AM.