U of T master timetable??!! queenie Academics 8 03-29-2010 10:54 PM
Master Course Timetable Available! lorend Academics 45 08-07-2008 02:47 PM

PSYCH 1X03 Master Timetable Help

Old 07-11-2010 at 06:07 PM   #1
logans

Liked: 3 Times

PSYCH 1X03 Master Timetable Help
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/... =1X03&t=1&d=D

What does PC/237 mean? And I thought the courses were web modules, so you watch them from BSB and not you're house/dorm?
Old 07-11-2010 at 06:12 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by logans View Post
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/... =1X03&t=1&d=D

What does PC/237 mean? And I thought the courses were web modules, so you watch them from BSB and not you're house/dorm?
PC = Psychology Complex or something to that nature. It's the old looking building between Health Science Center and IAHS.
Old 07-11-2010 at 06:15 PM   #3
logans

so is that where the lectures are recorded or something? the thing i dont get is that it says the prof is in 2 rooms at the same time, pc and bsb. can someone explain this to me?
Old 07-11-2010 at 06:19 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
so is that where the lectures are recorded or something? the thing i dont get is that it says the prof is in 2 rooms at the same time, pc and bsb. can someone explain this to me?
The professor is listed because he is in charge of the course. You will be actually "taught" by your TA in one of those rooms. You actually learn the material by watching podcasts that are recorded by the professor.
Old 07-11-2010 at 06:28 PM   #5
logans

oh okay i get it now, thanks alot jeremy! I'm trying to make a mock timetable right now because SOLAR opens up again at 12:01. I want to make sure i get the teachers that i've heard good things about.
Old 07-11-2010 at 06:50 PM   #6
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

You're making your timetable? I thought a conflict-free timetable was made for you if you register for your courses before Aug 2nd?
Old 07-11-2010 at 06:55 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
You're making your timetable? I thought a conflict-free timetable was made for you if you register for your courses before Aug 2nd?
You don't get to choose your sections until august 11th. Also, your timetable isn't guaranteed to be conflict free but the registrar will try its best to limit the number of students with conflict.
Old 07-11-2010 at 08:07 PM   #8
logans

oh so sectioning hasnt happened yet? july 12th is just for course selections? i guess thats convenient, i have a timetable conflict. guess i have a chance to change courses before classes are assigned
Old 07-11-2010 at 08:12 PM   #9
Theashe

Quote:
oh so sectioning hasnt happened yet? july 12th is just for course selections? i guess thats convenient, i have a timetable conflict. guess i have a chance to change courses before classes are assigned
Can you see your timetable already? If so, where can you access it? I can't find mine in either MUGSI or Maccess.
Old 07-11-2010 at 08:16 PM   #10
logans

no we can't see our timetable yet, and according to jhan, we probably wont be able to til august 11. but what you can do is check out the master time table, it has all the courses and the time slots that theyre available at. as i was going through my second term courses, i noticed that two of my courses only have one time slot and theyre both the same, so i'm already anticipating a timetable conflict.

once sectioning is complete, we have the ability to go in and make changes as we see fit, given that theres space in the sections we try to switch into. to make that easier, and to know the time slots i want to switch into, i'm using the master timetable and a table on word to make a mock timetable with all the information i need, just so i dont waste time on solar.
Old 07-11-2010 at 08:20 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
no we can't see our timetable yet, and according to jhan, we probably wont be able to til august 11. but what you can do is check out the master time table, it has all the courses and the time slots that theyre available at. as i was going through my second term courses, i noticed that two of my courses only have one time slot and theyre both the same, so i'm already anticipating a timetable conflict.

once sectioning is complete, we have the ability to go in and make changes as we see fit, given that theres space in the sections we try to switch into. to make that easier, and to know the time slots i want to switch into, i'm using the master timetable and a table on word to make a mock timetable with all the information i need, just so i dont waste time on solar.
Time tables are actually released on August 9th.

logans says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-11-2010 at 09:28 PM   #12
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The professor is listed because he is in charge of the course. You will be actually "taught" by your TA in one of those rooms. You actually learn the material by watching podcasts that are recorded by the professor.
When you say podcast, do you mean the lectures can be downloaded to your computer (so you could possibly transfer it to your mp3 player)?
Old 07-11-2010 at 09:32 PM   #13
logans

apparently theres a website that profs can post video lectures too, and students tune in to watch them. i think theyre only up for a certain period of time, and then theyre gone (i read this on a few psych 1x03 threads). a lot of ppl say the profs post them all up before exams and midterms, but not sure if thats tru. long story short, i doubt you can directly download them, but i'm sure you can use some thirdparty video grabber to do the job. not sure of the legalities of that though, so dont hold me to it
Old 07-11-2010 at 09:51 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

It can't be downloaded, they aren't actually in video format. I think they are Java powered. Apparently now they don't remove the lectures, they stay up the entire time. Which means a lot more procrastination, so don't procrastinate and watch the videos when they come out.
Old 07-11-2010 at 10:14 PM   #15
Theashe

Quote:

Ohh, okay. Well seeing as in Engineering the majority of classes you take are core to the program (2 electives LOL) I think I'll probably be okay for the majority. I'll take a deeper look into it at work later. Thanks for explaining that though, for a second I was like -- shit, what did I forget to do? Lol.