Switching Psych 2AA3 for Psych 2AP3 TLulu Academics 0 08-23-2010 11:34 AM
Psych 2AA3, 2B03? Mr.Prodigy Academics 3 08-14-2009 06:48 PM
Psych 2AA3 vs. 2H03 vs. Bio 2D03 Richa Academics 3 08-14-2009 06:43 PM

Psych 2AA3

Old 08-04-2009 at 02:02 PM   #1
noblepeanut

Liked: 0 Times

Psych 2AA3
Just wondering if anyone has taken Psych 2AA3 - Developmental Psychology?

There are a number of posts inquiring about it, but so far it doesn't seem like anyone has actually taken the course!

What is it like? How hard is it? How is the prof (I believe it is Dr. Ostovich this year)?

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2009 at 02:05 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblepeanut View Post
Just wondering if anyone has taken Psych 2AA3 - Developmental Psychology?

There are a number of posts inquiring about it, but so far it doesn't seem like anyone has actually taken the course!

What is it like? How hard is it? How is the prof (I believe it is Dr. Ostovich this year)?

Thanks!
I didn't take the course, but this is last year's course outline:

http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/psy...all_20 08.pdf
Old 08-04-2009 at 02:19 PM   #3
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

A friend of mine who took it said it wasn't too bad. I got the impression it wasn't the easiest psych course offered though.
Old 08-04-2009 at 02:55 PM   #4
anubhagat
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

I took the course last year with Dr. Ostovich. Last year it was a night class and I really was not looking forward to sitting in class for 3 hours...but Dr. O was great, very engaging and really wanted you to do well. The material really was not difficult, she presented the facts or findings from research studies and then gave you a couple of experiments to back up the findings.

The tests consisted of multiple choice and short answer. Dr. O recognized that especially for a second year course, having short answers on a test can be difficult and an adjustment, and she was very willing to help you out if you needed it...and this was true for some people. There were an average of 30 MC questions on the two tests, which tested your knowledge of the readings from the textbook ONLY. They were VERY simple, usually people scored very near to perfect if not perfect.

The short answers required you to understand the research that was presented in class and provide one experiment to back up the research...the short answers were directly from lecture...(i.e. exactly what she talked about in lecture), if you're the type to write things down word for word you'll breeze through the course...it does however require understanding.

The MC questions, very often if you did not even do the readings....you could EASILY get the answer out of common sense.

each of the 2 tests is non cumulative except for the textbook MC questions. The exam was the same, cumulative only for MC, not short answer.

the tests were actually very easy.

it's crucial to attend lecture!!!, and if you do its easy to score an 11 or 12 in this course.

The tests were worth 30% each, and the exam 40%.

Last edited by anubhagat : 08-04-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Harlequin, noblepeanut all say thanks to anubhagat for this post.
Old 08-11-2009 at 03:52 PM   #5
collieee

Liked: 3 Times

Hi i took the course last year.... and it was very easy for me ..

The first two lecture was more science than i liked but still easy and the rest was like personality, first yr psych and was common sense.

You learn topics like ( inorder )
neurodevelopment
sensation/ perception
piaget
kolberg ( moral development)
Frued
Carl Rogers
Karen Horney
Attachment

The teacher was great very intersting to be in her class and her test consist of MC and short ans - the MC are txtbk ques usually and the short ans are materials from the class - just know what shes talking about and record her lecture and you will be fine

The i thought was super easy, the key thing is always remeber the research she goes over in the class

I HAVE ALL THE NOTES TYPED UP AND VERY NEAT.......
and also i have the textbook

if your interested in buying it .. let me kno at [email protected]

also if you want i can highlight what was on the test too from the notes,,,, that way its an easy A-- if you buy the txtbk

if you have more ques about any psych (2a, 2c, 2b) or courses like stat 2b, soc sci 2q, gemstone, bio 2a and 2b email me

cyphercode, noblepeanut all say thanks to collieee for this post.

Shankari likes this.