MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone planning on dropping life sci 2h03, psych 2ap3, or psych 2c03 second semester? macbaby07 Academics 2 07-12-2010 05:32 PM
Psych 2e03, 2f03 Currently Open! resh.jyoti Academics 68 06-17-2010 01:01 PM
Psych 2F03 vs 2E03 kirbyking Academics 1 06-10-2010 07:40 AM
Psych 2TT3, 2F03 and 2H03... Tips for these classes dacrown4life Academics 8 08-14-2009 01:49 PM

Psych 2E03 - 2F03 - 2H03 - 2TT3

Old 07-17-2009 at 02:14 PM   #1
g_niniart

Liked: 0 Times

Psych 2E03 - 2F03 - 2H03 - 2TT3
Hey, I'm going into biopsych lvl II and would like some advice in choosing my 2 psych courses.

Right now I'm taking 2E03 and 2TT3, however, I looked at the course outline of 2E03 and lots of the material was covered in psych 1XX3 (audition, vision, etc). I was thinking of taking 2F03 instead of 2E03 b/c it deals w/ individual neurons and synaptic transmission and I enjoy that stuff more. Does anyone suggest I make this change?

Regarding 2TT3, I know that this course deals w/ evolution, learning, and the likes. I didn't do so well in BIO 1M03 so I'm wondering if I should take 2TT3.

I'm not so interested in 2H03 but recommendations of this course would be appreciated as well (if there are any)...

Keep in mind I wanna take one course that deals w/ bio and the other that isn't so biology-related (as in 2TT3)...
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:26 PM   #2
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Take a look at the third and fourth year course list and find out what you're interested in there, then work your way back and find the prequsites in 2nd year that you need. I managed to end up with 2C03, 2F03 and 2TT3 that way, because I'll need them later on. If you still have a course or two up in the air after that, then you should come here for advice.

Reading the course reviews on this site is also a major help when deciding which courses to take: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10 5
Old 07-17-2009 at 02:37 PM   #3
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I'm taking 2TT3, 2E03 and 2F03.

I can't really give you much advice since I haven't taken them yet- but they seemed like the most interesting to me. But I'm a bit of a Bio fan, so they may not be what you're into.

The course review section is where you can find the best info from people who have taken the class though!

I was going to do only 2 Psychs, but I didn't really want any electives, I'd rather save those for later years.
Old 07-17-2009 at 03:34 PM   #4
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

: ) I actually took all 4 courses.

If you enjoy synapses and nervous system circuits, definitely take 2F03 instead. Psych 2E03 is very interesting though. Make sure you check the prerequisites for 3rd and 4th year courses.

2TT3 is pretty easy even without major concepts in evolution. As long as you understand natural selection and artificial selection as a concept, you should do fine.

2H03 is easy, not biology related at all, but the concepts can get dry. It's good for learning about how your mind works so that you can optimize your studying :p

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Marlowe says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 07-17-2009 at 05:14 PM   #5
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

2E03 (Neuropsych?) I loved! The material I found was really interesting and not too hard to understand.
However 2F03 can be very helpful in getting into 3rd/4th year courses, so yes check the prerequisites first. But a lot of my friends did find it difficult.
2E03 AND 2F03 cover pretty similar topics but from very different perspectives.
I took 2TT3 and I really didn't enjoy it. I found it boring and hard (especially the exam).
2H03 yes can be a bit dry, but very easy cause you have a lot of chances to make up your mark. Wish I could have the prof again.
Good luck this year!

Marlowe, sinthusized all say thanks to naimaa for this post.