MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 2NF3 gggggg 2nd Year Course Reviews 4 05-06-2014 01:23 PM
anyone planning on dropping life sci 2h03, psych 2ap3, or psych 2c03 second semester? macbaby07 Academics 2 07-12-2010 05:32 PM

Psych 2NF3 vs. Life Sci 2C03

Old 05-13-2013 at 08:56 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Psych 2NF3 vs. Life Sci 2C03
Are these two courses the exact same? They are bought taught by Dr. Ullal, but I've heard a lot more negative things about Life Sci 2C03 compared to Psych 2NF3.

Is one of these easier than the other, or is it just the exact same course with the same tests and exams for both courses?

I'm pretty sure they are anti-requisites of each other, so I can only take one.

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013 at 09:58 PM   #2
celtics_fan

Liked: 12 Times

I took 2c03 this past term and to be honest, I really loved it and did pretty well in it... I've actually heard more negative stuff about 2NF3 because there's more content to cover :/ That being said, both courses are very similar but 2NF3 does not have a textbook, so MAYBE there's some key differences? Hopefully someone can help clear that up

I guess I could only tell you about 2c03, but it was pretty straight forward and the exam was pretty easy too, so it's definitely not hard to do well, but I think it depends if you like the prof and the way he designs his tests
Old 05-13-2013 at 10:54 PM   #3
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

I haven't taken Life Sci 2C03, I took Psych 2NF3 this past term though. I just put up my review on the course review thread an hour ago, here it is:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...nf3-77485.html

Hope this helps!
Old 05-13-2013 at 11:18 PM   #4
celtics_fan

Liked: 12 Times

^from your review, I can definitely say that both courses are VERY similar, not sure about being identical, but if you look up both courses online, they have many anti-requisites due to all the overlap

for psych
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...837.html#92897

and for life sci
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1988.html
Old 05-14-2013 at 05:53 AM   #5
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Is 2C03 Sensory Processing?
Dr. Ullal mentioned it quite a bit in 2NF3...the difference is what you would think - Sensory Processing deals with...sensory processing (i.e. vision, hearing, pain), whereas 2NF3 deals with taking clinical problems and working backwards to understand their causes.
Old 05-17-2013 at 08:34 PM   #6
achhin

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics_fan View Post
I took 2c03 this past term and to be honest, I really loved it and did pretty well in it... I've actually heard more negative stuff about 2NF3 because there's more content to cover :/ That being said, both courses are very similar but 2NF3 does not have a textbook, so MAYBE there's some key differences? Hopefully someone can help clear that up

I guess I could only tell you about 2c03, but it was pretty straight forward and the exam was pretty easy too, so it's definitely not hard to do well, but I think it depends if you like the prof and the way he designs his tests
Personally, I loved PSYCH 2NF3. Dr. Ullal taught both sections this year so the content was similar but I do believe the 2NF3 covered certain topics more in-depth than 2C03 did and vice-versa. The exam was straight forward, there were no tricky questions that were classic to the first year IntroPsych courses, so it really just depends on you and how well you study.

The TAs for 2NF3 were great and were always able to help clarify any concepts, or if you had questions outside the scope. I would highly recommend the course, and PSYCH 2E03 as well. c: