MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Spring Convocation MacNeuro Academics 5 05-27-2013 11:27 PM
Spring 2013 Textbook List staceygab Academics 5 04-23-2013 09:53 AM
spring/summer 2013 sessions ???? Kevinabrahak Academics 13 06-15-2012 11:19 PM
When spring school final marks come out Bartholomew Academics 3 06-14-2012 10:03 PM
Spring school marks MacStudent1 Academics 1 07-11-2011 10:50 PM

Psych 2tt3 Spring 2013 Marks

Old 06-28-2013 at 09:46 PM   #1
lisar

Liked: 8 Times

Psych 2tt3 Spring 2013 Marks
Hello. I know this is a bit of a long shot since this class was a very small one but I saw that the grades have just come out on MUGSI and I don't feel that my grade is accurate. I was expecting better and fairly confident in that too. I am a bit frustrated and I know it is going to be really hard to reach the prof now. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Thanks.
Old 06-29-2013 at 05:07 AM   #2
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Yes, mine is quite low as well...according to the formula, I would have scored a lot lower on the final than I did on the midterm...which I don't think I did...
Do you think there might have been a mistake with the formula? I know there is usually an assignment or two in the course...Otherwise, maybe Dr. Beston made a mistake in grading the exams? I know he wasn't feeling the best...
Should we try emailing the department?
Old 06-29-2013 at 10:26 AM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I came out of that course with a mark much lower than I expected as well. I needed ~50 on the exam to drop that much. I didn't really follow up with it, though. Can either of you let me know if there was actually an error?
Old 06-29-2013 at 06:35 PM   #4
lisar

I am so glad people actually responded to this thread! Wasn't sure what the chances would be but I am glad I am not the only one. I agree that he wasn't feeling the best lately and I really feel that there was a mistake and don't feel like letting it go because I put in a lot of work and don't feel I got the grade I deserve. I haven't received an email from him yet because I just emailed him last night. I think I will wait until maybe mid next week and if I do not get any reply, I think we might have to contact the psych department and see what we can do. Do you guys want to wait till I get a reply and then see where to go from there or should we contact the psych department now? I will reply on here if I get something!

Zebedee likes this.
Old 06-29-2013 at 09:27 PM   #5
nguyeand

Liked: 0 Times

Yea, mine was lower than I had expected. Perhaps he was really picky with the written answer. But then again, the exam was out of so little (34 I believe). Let me know on your progresses
Old 06-30-2013 at 05:20 AM   #6
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Yes, something might be up here...I mean, 4/20 with lower-than-expected mark is a sizable chunk of the class (~20%). And there might be more, too.
Old 07-03-2013 at 10:45 AM   #7
lisar

I got an email back from Dr. Beston! So for the Psych 2TT3 spring term, we can come see our exams this Friday at noon in the psych lobby. It wasn't flexible in the timings but I am going to for sure be there as I would like to see what happened on the exam. Hope to see you guys there too!

-Lisa