Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 3BA3 textbook mandil89 Academics 0 03-07-2011 02:23 PM

Psych 3BA3 (Positive Psychology)

Old 07-13-2011 at 02:35 AM   #1
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Psych 3BA3 (Positive Psychology)
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who has taken this course could give me a little review about it? I've taken it in Term 2, it sounds interesting from the description but then again, never judge a book by it's cover. I'd really appreciate it!
Old 07-13-2011 at 08:28 AM   #2
Manley

Liked: 14 Times

It's a great course. Here is the course outline: http://intropsych.mcmaster.c a/psych3ba3/
You'll find everything you need to know about the class. There are no online quizzes though and his testing difficulty is on par with his other classes; however, I found this course to be a little easier than his others, but that may just be from practice from his other classes.

This will be the third time it has been taught. It is a continuation of Personality Psychology and focuses mainly on the Humanists (Rogers, Maslow, Csíkszentmihályi etc).

Being a Dr. Day course (which are all fantastic) I expect you are used to his lecture and testing style. This was a fantastic course and helped shape my upcoming thesis on Positive and Personality Psychology.

IqzFendi says thanks to Manley for this post.

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-14-2011 at 04:04 AM   #3
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

it does look like a very interesting course! Thank you, I actually have not yet done any of his courses, I am taking 2B03 in the first term and then this course in the 2nd term so I guess I'll find out, I've seen on here that people do recommend Dr. Day quite a lot.

Thank you so much, again!
Old 07-14-2011 at 09:47 AM   #4
Manley

Liked: 14 Times

No problem!
Personality is a great course as well; the outline is here: http://intropsych.mcmaster.c a/psych2b3/

You will really enjoy both courses! Dr. Day is easily one of the best lecturers at McMaster, but you may find difficulty with his testing (3 tests, all multiple choice). Just make sure you attend lecture, read the assigned textbook reading (and know them cold), and DO NOT solely rely on his online quizzes for studying.

You'll really enjoy both courses though!

All the best!

IqzFendi says thanks to Manley for this post.