Psych 3CC3 shelbs 3rd Year Course Reviews 1 05-03-2016 07:28 PM
Need Psych 3CC3, will pay $100 traveler10 Academics 6 11-19-2012 08:44 PM
Psych 3CC3? Jessicaaaa Academics 0 11-23-2009 08:20 PM

Psych 3CC3

Old 06-17-2014 at 08:48 AM   #1
greya29

Liked: 0 Times

Psych 3CC3
I've had Dr. Day before, but not for any third year courses. Can someone share their experience with the course? Is it hard to do well in it.. like an 11 or 12?
Old 06-17-2014 at 10:15 AM   #2
couchpotato

Hey there,

It was very possible to do well in this course. In fact the class averages last year were insanely high on both midterms (mid 70s I believe). Its Dr Day's only third year course which offers a quiz bank. The readings related questions were the hardest part of the course but if you've taken previous courses with Dr Day then you may have a feel for the types of questions he asks in those sections which helps a lot. Its a great course!
Old 06-18-2014 at 01:43 PM   #3
Nirmani

This course is all full now. Do you think any space will open up later in the months?

How hard is it to get into this course any way? was it like that last year too?
Old 06-18-2014 at 02:26 PM   #4
ngarber

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
Hey there,

It was very possible to do well in this course. In fact the class averages last year were insanely high on both midterms (mid 70s I believe). Its Dr Day's only third year course which offers a quiz bank. The readings related questions were the hardest part of the course but if you've taken previous courses with Dr Day then you may have a feel for the types of questions he asks in those sections which helps a lot. Its a great course!
I wouldn't exactly call mid-70 averages "insanely high" .
Old 06-18-2014 at 04:23 PM   #5
leafsnation35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarber View Post
I wouldn't exactly call mid-70 averages "insanely high" .
For a psych course probably but insanely high averages mainly apply to Earth Sci 2WW3 and 2GG3 where averages can be high 80s low 90s
Old 06-18-2014 at 11:45 PM   #6
MimeMime

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirmani View Post
This course is all full now. Do you think any space will open up later in the months?

How hard is it to get into this course any way? was it like that last year too?
Message Ann, the academic advisor, and ask if you can be placed in the waiting list. I think 4th years get first priority on the list, but it's worth a try. That's how I got in.

Nirmani says thanks to MimeMime for this post.