MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biology 3H03 mitch 3rd Year Course Reviews 19 09-10-2012 03:38 PM
Psych 3GG3 and Psych 3H03 neurosci_guy Academics 0 06-10-2010 01:19 AM
Psych 3Do3/3H03 zoee Academics 0 06-09-2010 10:50 PM
Third Year Psych Courses (3BN3, 3CC3, 3FA3, 3H03, 3MM3) mgallant Academics 0 06-16-2009 01:27 PM

Psych 3h03

Old 06-02-2010 at 02:32 PM   #1
sj316

Liked: 0 Times

Psych 3h03
has anyone taken this course with dr.brown before?

by the looks of the course outline, it seems like a really interesting course but i can't find any info about the prof..
Old 06-14-2010 at 09:53 AM   #2
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Dr. Brown is a great, interesting, and extremely CLEAR prof. All of his slides say "please know this well" or "you don't need to know the information on this slide" on the top. All info is provided, so you really don't need to take notes (I didn't even go to class that often). The course material is interesting, but not QUITE as interesting as you'd expect. Lots on neuroimaging and LOTS of anatomy.

The course, overall, is hard. Each midterm required the memorization of almost 1000 slides (I know, eek). Not much brain power needed, but loooots of memorization. I have a pretty good memory and pulled off a 10 without too much struggle, but I know many people who did much worse.

The course is layed out like this:

neuroanatomy exam (VERY easy, and will pull your mark up)
midterm 1 (very difficult)
term paper (marked pretty easily, and you get to write about whatever you want)
midterm 2 / final combo (similar to midterm 1)

I suppose I'd recommend the course, even though it was a fair bit of work. Coming out of it, you will literally know almost every gyri, sulci, sub-cortical structure, pathway - just everything. If you like neuroscience, take this course. If you don't, don't.

Good luck!