MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quiz on avenue Juve General Discussion 11 09-23-2010 06:41 PM
Avenue To Learn Question nemo123 Academics 4 09-08-2010 07:52 PM
Avenue to Learn polo Academics 7 08-29-2010 07:19 PM
Avenue to Learn Sneak Peak. goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 53 06-21-2010 10:49 PM
Avenue to Learn Matt Wright MacInsiders Announcements 24 06-04-2010 01:47 PM

Psych Quiz on Avenue to Learn

Old 08-17-2010 at 08:18 PM   #16
logans

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareko View Post
In my year both first year psychs you watch the lecture online before going to tutorial and at the tutorial you review the material and get a short quiz every week.

I believe that last year the second one 1XX3 Dr. Kim was doing live lectures but not positive.
anyways it should be similar in makeup as 2 yrs ago I would think.
hmm maybe its still the same? i dont seem to be enrolled in a tutorial section, and neither do i see them in the master timetable, so i'm guessing its one of those drop-in style extra help classes? not manditory or anything, right?
Old 08-17-2010 at 08:26 PM   #17
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

we only have 1 class per week
I heard that it's labeled as core but it's actually our TA that's going to review the video that we watched
so I guess we have to watch the video before we go to our class
Old 08-17-2010 at 08:31 PM   #18
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:)
Hey speaking of Psych though, even though it is labelled as a Core, all we have is 1 tutorial a week. But we're not supposed to go to tutorials before the first lecture. But do we go to the first psych tutorial?

It's labelled as Core for a reason...even though the activities in them are more like a tutorial, the timetable says it's a core, so you should go to the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logans View Post
what do you mean one tutorial a week? arent they lectures? the thing is that theyre in a computer lab and we watch the lectures online, but other than that, i'm pretty sure we're suppoed to go to the first class :S

can someone else confirm this?
They are not in a computer lab. You're expected to watch the online lectures on your own time.

Allana:) says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 08-17-2010 at 08:38 PM   #19
logans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post

They are not in a computer lab. You're expected to watch the online lectures on your own time.
not that i did not know. thanks lauren!
Old 08-17-2010
Roshaan
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-18-2010 at 01:53 PM   #20
ShesTheMan

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareko View Post
In my year both first year psychs you watch the lecture online before going to tutorial and at the tutorial you review the material and get a short quiz every week.

I believe that last year the second one 1XX3 Dr. Kim was doing live lectures but not positive.
anyways it should be similar in makeup as 2 yrs ago I would think.

Are the quizzes tough? :$
Old 08-18-2010 at 01:58 PM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesTheMan View Post
Are the quizzes tough? :$
Not really. I only watched the lectures once and was able to get around 80-85% average on my quizzes. I should probably add that I'm an auditory learner, if you aren't you'll want to put more time into the lectures.
Old 08-18-2010 at 01:59 PM   #22
ShesTheMan

Liked: 0 Times

^ Approximately how long are the lectures?
Old 08-18-2010 at 02:05 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesTheMan View Post
^ Approximately how long are the lectures?
They are about 1-2 hours. Some are shorter than 1 hour but that's mainly in the beginning. That's only if you continuously play them. If you pause to take notes you'll be taking a long time to finish the lecture, so make sure you don't procrastinate.
Old 08-18-2010 at 02:52 PM   #24
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

man I'm not feeling too good about these video lectures
I can't watch lecture type videos without getting distract and like I doze off
Old 08-18-2010 at 03:56 PM   #25
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
man I'm not feeling too good about these video lectures
I can't watch lecture type videos without getting distract and like I doze off
Well, you'll have to find a way to do it. My TA recommended we watch the lectures through once without taking notes, and then watch them through again taking notes, so that we knew ahead of time exactly what parts were important and there was a lot less "pause and write". Some people didn't take notes at all. I think now they leave the lectures up (for us, they took them down after 2 weeks), so there's less incentive to take notes. They also had the 'script' on the side of the video, so you could read it instead of listening to it--I'm not sure if they still have that, though.
Old 08-18-2010 at 04:03 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Well, you'll have to find a way to do it. My TA recommended we watch the lectures through once without taking notes, and then watch them through again taking notes, so that we knew ahead of time exactly what parts were important and there was a lot less "pause and write". Some people didn't take notes at all. I think now they leave the lectures up (for us, they took them down after 2 weeks), so there's less incentive to take notes. They also had the 'script' on the side of the video, so you could read it instead of listening to it--I'm not sure if they still have that, though.
They should still have the script or the description on the side. You have to change the view though. At first you just see the different slides but if you click something then it changes to words.
Old 08-18-2010 at 09:05 PM   #27
logans

the script would definitely help cut down time when taking notes. and psych is included in our timetable, so if we're supposed to watch it on our own time do we do nothing durring that time slot, or is that when we go back to rez/home and watch?
Old 08-18-2010 at 09:13 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by logans View Post
the script would definitely help cut down time when taking notes. and psych is included in our timetable, so if we're supposed to watch it on our own time do we do nothing durring that time slot, or is that when we go back to rez/home and watch?
You'll be discussing the topics with your TA and peers and there might be assignments. There actually should be assignments, otherwise your exam is going to be worth a ridiculous percentage.
Old 08-18-2010 at 09:16 PM   #29
logans

oh alright, thanks for the info!