MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
text book Sean First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 06-16-2009 06:38 PM
Text Book Returns janeller General Discussion 2 01-07-2009 10:26 PM

Psychobiology Text Book

Old 09-09-2011 at 09:46 AM   #1
maria.mac7

Liked: 0 Times

Psychobiology Text Book
Would you guys recommend getting the psychobiology (1G03) text book for Health Sciences? The prof said it isn't mandatory, but that it could be useful for later years as a reference?

Thanks so much guys
Maria
Old 09-09-2011 at 09:51 AM   #2
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

no no no

stay away
Old 09-12-2011 at 08:37 PM   #3
luc18

Liked: 0 Times

Plus there is always one in the health sciences library if you ever feel like looking up something
Old 09-12-2011 at 09:14 PM   #4
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

i liked it.

not for clarifying the lecture material or anything, though..

but to seek inspiration when you have an journal due the next day and have so little interest in the presented course material that you skim the pages for something interesting to write about. surprisingly effective strategy too, i might add.
Old 09-13-2011 at 03:29 PM   #5
lime

Liked: 3 Times

nope, everything is available online. buy if u enjoy the material and plan to take similar courses in future
Old 09-13-2011 at 06:03 PM   #6
Galleria

Liked: 10 Times

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but to upper year healthscis, how do they grade your participation on learnlink for psychobiology?. Do they expect you to post something after each class?

Thanks
Old 09-13-2011 at 06:11 PM   #7
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

I never used the textbook ever in psychobio or in upper years. Basically I didn't touch psychobio again after the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleria View Post
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but to upper year healthscis, how do they grade your participation on learnlink for psychobiology?. Do they expect you to post something after each class?

Thanks
Yes you're supposed to start/participate in discussions. Your TA will give you a participation mark based on this (basically they type your name into the search box and see how many times it comes up).

Galleria says thanks to inthemaking for this post.