MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-20-2012 at 10:40 PM   #1
Unregistered

Psychology- 1XX3, 1X03
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these course please. After choosing these courses I heard that they were online courses, so I have no idea what to do now. I wanted to ask is there a website the students go to for material? Are there computer labs that the students assemble in? I know that these question might be dumb. but could someone help me out? Please and Thank you!
Old 08-20-2012 at 10:49 PM   #2
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Hi there. For both of these courses the lectures are online, so you can just watch them when you have time. There is a courseware for you to make notes on, and it contains all of the lecture slides.
Tutorials are where you discuss the material and see if you really understand it. There are weekly (?) quizzes with about six or so questions. I found that XX3 was a bit easier than X03, but it probably differs from person to person. If you want to know any more just ask .
Old 08-20-2012 at 11:10 PM   #3
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

As mention above the lectures are online and there are weekly quizzes as well. I took these courses in the summer so these courses are run differently during that time.
Old 08-21-2012 at 12:16 AM   #4
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

There are tutorials you have to attend though where you discuss things about the online module for that week and you get marked for participation. In 1XX3, you are assigned an individual essay to write so you have to attend tutorials to discuss topics with your group. Also in 1XX3, there is a live lecture with Dr. Kim, so it's not completely online. Most of the work (watching online modules, weekly quizzes, etc) is online though.
Old 08-22-2012 at 04:29 PM   #5
dennistrannn

Liked: 1 Time

Pay attention to the stuff Dr. Kim says in live lectures. They might show up as 1 or 2 questions on the weekly quizzes.

Marooner likes this.