MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Men's Volleyball vs Queens - Nov 6th at 8PM Sammcmaster MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-06-2009 12:39 PM
McMASTER Mens Rugby Team Beats Queens and Reclaims OUA Title! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 11-12-2008 02:46 PM

Queens Vs Mac

Old 06-10-2009 at 11:08 AM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Here is a chart with the (domestic) fees for Queen's.

My degree (combined Humanities/Soc Sci would cost $700 more, approximately ($5,907.56 rather than ~$5200)

Commerce @ Queen's: $12,278.91
Applied Science:
$9,199.90
Nursing:
$5,951.44
Kin:
$5,911.48

Apparently Eng isn't on their chart....or it's lumped into Applied Science.

International Fees: http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/fees/ug-intnl.html

Here is the McMaster breakdown by course.

I didn't know this, but each year gets progressively cheaper. For example. Commerce IV is about $17 cheaper than Commerce I per class.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-10-2009 at 12:21 PM   #17
Hallandale

Liked: 16 Times

Exactly Lorend. It's really not a HUGE difference between Queens and McMaster. Certainly not large enough to dissuade someone from going to Queens. If you want to go to Queens, you'll pay the extra little bit of money.

and "Applied Science" is their name for Engineering. They get a Bachelor of Applied Science. Their "Golden Party Armor" jackets say "Applied Science" on them, not Engineering.
Old 06-10-2009 at 12:37 PM   #18
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

I still think an extra $30,000 is outrageous for their commerce degree compared to McMaster. You'd basically have to have no business brains at all to make that decision, ironic considering that you'd be going into commerce.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2009 at 01:03 PM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

$700 a year adds up to $2800 over for years...which is $2800 I'd rather keep.

And that's just for tuition. I'm not sure if their supplementary fees are included in that price; the website doesn't mention it at all.

I'm going to assume that's a no.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-10-2009 at 02:23 PM   #20
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
So the difference with McMaster is... ?
Are you IN engineering? If you are, you must know we are a support network and that we're all in this together. There will always be stuck up people in every program, but I have felt like the largest percentage of people I have met have been awesome.
Old 06-10-2009 at 02:45 PM   #21
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Are you IN engineering? If you are, you must know we are a support network and that we're all in this together. There will always be stuck up people in every program, but I have felt like the largest percentage of people I have met have been awesome.
I don't know, some of those things we were cheering at other faculties during welcome week would suggest otherwise
Old 06-10-2009 at 03:32 PM   #22
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

I love Eng (being in it myself) but honestly... cheers like "Sorry you didn't get in" and all that stuff about Humanities students going on to work in McD's/Timmy's are just downright rude, and only help to propagate the stereotype of the "dumb engineer."

Inclusive within the engineering faculty perhaps, but pretty snotty when it comes to competition between faculties. I hate it when people act as though simply being in engineering makes them God's gift to McMaster.
Old 06-10-2009 at 03:40 PM   #23
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

*cough*

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1930 0

Old 06-10-2009
sinthusized
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-10-2009 at 05:24 PM   #24
sinthusized
Elite Member

Hmm Kingston is pretty blah (I've heard) One of my best friends go to RMC which is in the same town as queens, anyways she complains that Kingston is so boring. It's in the middle of nowhere so there's not too much fun in nearby towns either. Coming back is also problem during holidays... the train bus fills up fast so sometimes you have to resort to begging your parents for a ride lol
Old 06-10-2009 at 05:35 PM   #25
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post

Thanks. That was a good article. Most of my friends were in different faculties when I started at Mac, and needless to say, none of them were particularly pleased with me (well, engineers in general) after Faculty Day during WW.
Old 06-10-2009 at 11:06 PM   #26
PTGregD
Elite Member

Spatula!

Spatula!

I love engineer cheers! (mainly because they never make fun of Commerce....at least I haven't heard one)
Old 06-10-2009 at 11:10 PM   #27
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
Spatula!

Spatula!
Where's my burrito! Where's my burrito! XD
Old 06-10-2009 at 11:13 PM   #28
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Where's my burrito! Where's my burrito! XD
Bup bup bup bup bup....Humanities!

(My poor typed rendition of the McDonalds tune)
Old 06-10-2009 at 11:25 PM   #29
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

PTGreg & Ownaginatios,

Not the kind of message we want on our forums...please refrain from using taunting cheers. It sets a bad impression of Mac, especially when you have incoming students, and those who have no accepted their offers reading threads.