MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-09-2013 at 02:39 PM   #1
Jaz1616

Liked: 1 Time

Ques. about BIO 1A03 texts
Was the Short Guide to Writing Bio and the Study Guide useful at all or not for this course? I have the textbook so I was wondering if thats enough to do well.. :\

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2013 at 02:56 PM   #2
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

You will need it for one formal lab report you will have to write.

Jaz1616 says thanks to Swampis for this post.
Old 01-09-2013 at 04:28 PM   #3
impulse23

i just shared that book with my lab partner

Jaz1616 likes this.
Old 01-09-2013 at 04:29 PM   #4
Jaz1616

So, the Writing About Bio one?
Old 01-09-2013 at 04:31 PM   #5
verbeeca

Liked: 0 Times

the short guide definitely comes in handy for the formal lab report in this class as well as future bio formal lab reports...

The study guide probably depends on whether you'll actually use it to study or not.. I never used it as I went off my own notes and textbook

Jaz1616 says thanks to verbeeca for this post.
Old 01-09-2013 at 07:25 PM   #6
Wolf

Liked: 0 Times

Personally I didn't use the study guide because I found that the textbook, lecture slides and my own notes was detailed enough to do very well in the course. However, its ultimately up to you to decide whether you would actually use it or not. Good luck!

Jaz1616 says thanks to Wolf for this post.
Old 01-11-2013 at 11:38 AM   #7
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I didn't really use the study guide /writing guide for the course because my prof, Dr. Kajiura only tested from her lecture notes. However, if it is your first time writing a lab report, it might be good to borrow it from a friend just to see what they expect .

Jaz1616 says thanks to Angoose for this post.