MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Website Launched to help off campus students saukalra MacInsiders Announcements 3 08-14-2009 02:02 PM
The Society of Off-Campus Students jennSTAR Residence & Off-Campus Living 1 07-10-2008 03:52 PM
on campus work for international students oarxl.89 Volunteering Opportunities 1 08-01-2007 12:54 PM

Question for Off-Campus Students!

Old 07-11-2008 at 05:48 PM   #1
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Question for Off-Campus Students!
Hello all! This is a question for those who are living or have lived around McMaster in a house or whatever.

I was just wondering, if there was a service that mowed your lawns and shovelled your snow, would you pay for it? If so, how much would you pay?

Thanks,
Sam <3
Old 07-11-2008 at 06:52 PM   #2
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post

if there was a service that mowed your lawns and shovelled your snow, would you pay for it? If so, how much would you pay?

Thanks,
Sam <3
I would do it myself as I am dirt poor.... so no i would not pay for it. =p
Old 07-11-2008 at 07:10 PM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

ditto about the dirt poor comment :(
Old 07-11-2008 at 10:02 PM   #4
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

I don't have the money to pay for it, so I just do it myself.
Old 07-12-2008 at 07:36 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If it cost $3/mo or less per month I'd probably do it. Over that and it's cutting into my hydro/gas/cable/cellphone bills lol.

Our landlord has professionals come in and cut the grass and is nice enough to come and do gardening himself because he enjoys it. Shoveling snow we still have to do though.
Old 07-12-2008 at 09:55 PM   #6
WavesSea

Liked: 0 Times

Heyyy ill do it just call me up serously LOL 10 dollars LOL xD
Old 07-14-2008 at 04:39 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Hamilton doesn't get much and all you need to do is your walkway and a ten foot patch of sidewalk. Fifteen minutes tops, unless there is the rare one foot snowfall in which it takes one person about half an hour. I would pay zero dollars.

Gardening/lawn maintenance however most student houses can't do as their landlord is the one supplying the lawn mower, which happens to move from house to house...so again...zero dollars.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-28-2008 at 03:31 PM   #8
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

A lot of landlords shovel the snow themselves for safety reasons.
I would think a lot of students don't care too much about their lawn being mowed, having a garden, things like that.
Old 07-28-2008 at 10:40 PM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

My english teacher used to talk about getting community service hours by shovelling people's lawns for them. But if I could get paid for that, mm I'd be there in a heartbeat. =D
Old 07-28-2008 at 11:13 PM   #10
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Haha, thanks for the responses everyone
Old 07-29-2008 at 03:47 PM   #11
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

If the service was offered by adorable children raising money to cure cancer or something, I might pay money for it, due to the bleeding heart factor, otherwise, I would probably offer them a nice hot cup of tea or something.

that's it.

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 07-29-2008 at 05:03 PM   #12
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

With my house my roomies and I are responsible for shoveling and salting during the winter but during the summer months our landlord hires someone to mow our front lawn and backyard. You should inquire about this kinda stuff before signing a contract, it's usually included but it's good to work out the details before signing!