MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Sci 2C03 mtristani Academics 23 04-12-2011 09:45 PM
Life 2C03 and Life 2D03 snair Academics 3 08-18-2010 02:11 PM
Is anyone looking to drop Life Sci 2C03 OR Life Sci 2H03 Rakim Academics 20 06-20-2010 06:44 PM
Life Sci 2c03... Toast Academics 4 06-17-2010 10:06 PM
Life Sci 2B03 vs. Life Sci 2C03 Black.Mamba Academics 7 06-13-2010 11:02 PM

question regarding life sci 2c03

Old 08-25-2013 at 10:57 PM   #1
jake0405

Liked: 0 Times

question regarding life sci 2c03
Hi i got a question regarding Life Sci 2C03
I find the topic of this course intersting but i read alot of reviews about how painstaking this course is.
Apparently, this course is taught by someone different called PISKURIC?
I have no idea who this is and i can't seem to find about him online. If anyone knows can anyone share an insight on this prof?
And is the fact that everyone found this course difficult because of the sheer amount of stuff you need to memorize? not like because it was tricky?
Old 08-26-2013 at 12:00 AM   #2
celtics_fan

Liked: 12 Times

In the past, this course was taught by Dr. Ullal who was an amazing prof but I think he is leaving McMaster this year unfortunately :(

Dr. Piskuric is actually a SHE (Nicole Piskuric I think) and she was a guest lecturer for Bio 2A03 this past year teaching only a few lectures. In my opinion she goes really fast and kinda assumes that you are at her level in terms of prior knowledge, but she did slow down a bit when students asked her to do so.

It's her first time teaching the course so it's hard to say, but with Ullal I really loved this course and it was one of my favourites in second year!

Hope that helps!

jake0405 says thanks to celtics_fan for this post.
Old 08-26-2013 at 12:11 PM   #3
jake0405

so you didn't find this too difficult?
Old 08-26-2013 at 01:39 PM   #4
celtics_fan

Liked: 12 Times

I really liked the course and material and it didn't seem too difficult. In my opinion, it isn't a challenge to score double digits.

There's quite a bit you need to know though, so not sure how you are on memorizing. It also depends on how the prof tests.. I can't really say much about Dr. Piskuric (sorry) but Dr. Ullal was VERY specific and required things to be memorized, but I guess I didn't mind.

jake0405 says thanks to celtics_fan for this post.
Old 08-26-2013 at 04:48 PM   #5
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake0405 View Post
Hi i got a question regarding Life Sci 2C03
I find the topic of this course intersting but i read alot of reviews about how painstaking this course is.
Apparently, this course is taught by someone different called PISKURIC?
I have no idea who this is and i can't seem to find about him online. If anyone knows can anyone share an insight on this prof?
And is the fact that everyone found this course difficult because of the sheer amount of stuff you need to memorize? not like because it was tricky?
I thought Dr. Piskuric was decent, and she was clear when she taught the nervous system. She is quite fast if you don't have a laptop to type on, but otherwise she is a good lecturer.

jake0405 says thanks to gggggg for this post.
Old 08-26-2013 at 08:06 PM   #6
jake0405

glad to know the you guys find the course okay
cause i've only seen negative comments regarding this course so i just assume that it was a bad elective to take
Old 01-06-2014 at 03:16 AM   #7
lilrush

Liked: 6 Times

It appears that Dr.Piskuric isn't on the most recent syllabus... Dr. Case is? Never heard of him, has anyone?