Bates Residence Questions Daman K Bates Forum 4 09-03-2009 03:45 PM
Bates '08 Chad Bates Forum 29 08-22-2008 11:38 AM
Bates Hall '07 lorend Bates Forum 92 06-19-2008 06:15 AM

Questions about Bates

Old 07-04-2011 at 05:33 PM   #1
Shivani

Liked: 0 Times

Questions about Bates
Hey, I'm a first year student and got the basement floor of the bates residence building for 4 people. I just wanted opinions about what others think of the building, how big the rooms are, and how is the basement level- did anyone ever have a problem with it?
Old 07-04-2011 at 05:38 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
Hey, I'm a first year student and got the basement floor of the bates residence building for 4 people. I just wanted opinions about what others think of the building, how big the rooms are, and how is the basement level- did anyone ever have a problem with it?
You can find that information in other threads in this section: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...forum-167.html

Shivani says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-01-2011 at 05:26 PM   #3
Emily V

I didn't live in the basement but I know someone who did and she didn't have a problem with it!

Shivani says thanks to Emily V for this post.
Old 08-01-2011 at 05:42 PM   #4
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

I lived on second floor, but one of my friends lived in the basment--and there is was no problem at all! Where the rooms are really isn't a "basement" in your traditional sense...you are still above ground. That is the one side...on the other side of the basement--it is below ground (that is where the study rooms/common room is). I think most--if not all--the basement apartments have a great view of the forest.

The room sizes are the same as any other apartment in Bates. Room A and B, are usually smaller than C and D...they still are good sizes though.

icecubz, Shivani all say thanks to Biochem47 for this post.
Old 08-22-2011 at 06:42 PM   #5
magan

Liked: 4 Times

I got the basement too and was worried about the same thing !
I heard from someone that the basement tends to get flooded during the winter is this true ?
Old 08-22-2011 at 06:50 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by magan View Post
I got the basement too and was worried about the same thing !
I heard from someone that the basement tends to get flooded during the winter is this true ?
Never heard about this but if it does you should contact Housing immediately. It should be priority 1 (They have different priorities for different problems) and will be dealt with immediately.
Old 08-22-2011 at 08:00 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

One of my friends lived in Bates basement and I never heard of this flooding thing!
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:12 AM   #8
mizo

You're gonna have a decent living room but share bathrooms (2 people for 2 bathrooms) and make sure you get a tv haha
the rooms are fairly decent, not too small not too big.
the basement has a games room, piano room, 3-4 study rooms, tv room...alot of activity kind of stuff in addition to the laundry room.
Old 09-07-2011 at 05:59 PM   #9
BrendonM

I lived in bates (albeit the second floor) and loved it. The rooms were large enough for me to keep a minifridge and have enough storage for my school items and clothing. The common rooms and kitchens were also quite sizeable and accommodating.

I had friends who lived in the basement and they had no issues with it - the air wasn't musty and there were no issues with floods.
Old 09-07-2011 at 06:05 PM   #10
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Basement rooms tend to be bigger