Teachers' College Anyone? Ivan Q. Academics 12 03-06-2010 12:35 AM
College pro or 'action go' Sasha General Discussion 140 11-17-2009 09:45 PM
transfers heliya Academics 2 05-01-2009 09:56 PM

Questions about College Transfers

Old 03-03-2011 at 09:48 AM   #1
Atmosphere

Liked: 0 Times

Questions about College Transfers
Hows it going everyone. Just wanted to know if anyone here could give me an answer as to what my odds may be of getting accepted to Soc/Sci or Humanities if my average is a low to mid 70's in COLLEGE. My marks throughout high school were also about the same in all my uni classes. However i have graduated two College programs already. A one year certificate program at Mohawk in General Arts and Science, and a two yr in Law and Security Admin at Conestoga. Its the begining of March and I am begining to freak out a bit because i still have not heard back. I have heard that the acceptence for college transfers is a bit different then if you were to apply straight from high school? Hope to hear back from someone.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2011 at 11:47 AM   #2
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /futur...r/college.html

May shed some light on your question, under the social sciences category.
Old 03-03-2011 at 01:55 PM   #3
Mickel

Liked: 12 Times

Look like you're just below the 3.0 cutoff. Perhaps you might still get a late acceptance in a couple months.
Old 03-03-2011 at 02:11 PM   #4
Atmosphere

Cool, thanks for the help guys. Ill be waiting on that acceptance lol.
Old 03-03-2011 at 05:48 PM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
Hows it going everyone. Just wanted to know if anyone here could give me an answer as to what my odds may be of getting accepted to Soc/Sci or Humanities if my average is a low to mid 70's in COLLEGE. My marks throughout high school were also about the same in all my uni classes. However i have graduated two College programs already. A one year certificate program at Mohawk in General Arts and Science, and a two yr in Law and Security Admin at Conestoga. Its the begining of March and I am begining to freak out a bit because i still have not heard back. I have heard that the acceptence for college transfers is a bit different then if you were to apply straight from high school? Hope to hear back from someone.

Thanks!
Is it possible to apply with your HS marks, for security? They might be stronger, and help you out a bit.
Old 03-04-2011 at 01:50 PM   #6
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

My highschool marks were crap, all pretty much 60's and 70's with a few above and below that... I took no U or M credits in highschool and did a year of college.

I got accepted to Mac based on my GPA 3.38 if you went to college they primarily base it on your college marks because they're the most recent courses you've taken... It also depends on how early/late you applied... I applied to Mac when the application opened I think around the end of Sept, early Oct and got my acceptance before Christmas
Old 03-04-2011 at 10:03 PM   #7
Atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
My highschool marks were crap, all pretty much 60's and 70's with a few above and below that... I took no U or M credits in highschool and did a year of college.

I got accepted to Mac based on my GPA 3.38 if you went to college they primarily base it on your college marks because they're the most recent courses you've taken... It also depends on how early/late you applied... I applied to Mac when the application opened I think around the end of Sept, early Oct and got my acceptance before Christmas
Yeah man, my high school marks were a joke as well. Some classes i had an 80 in, and others that i didn't care about i got through with the bare minimum. For my one year certificate program, my average was a 70. For my two year program (first year) my average was a 68. This year my average is a 79 (suddenly decided to care about my marks because i finally figured out what i wanted to do with my life - FML lol). Unfortunately, I think that work ethic from my youth may screw me over for my future. 22 years old and kicking my ass for being a revolting dumbass as a teen. None the less, i really do hope Mac decides to take a chance with me and send me an acceptance. Thanks for the response and hopeful insight brother.