Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bio 2C03 Dr. Bedard sofiam Academics 4 03-15-2013 11:35 PM

Questions about Dr. Bedard Bio 2c03

Old 04-01-2013 at 04:12 PM   #1
MichaelScott

Liked: 1 Time

Questions about Dr. Bedard Bio 2c03
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had Dr. Andre Bedard for genetics (bio 2c03) and what his previous exams/testing style was like?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2013 at 08:00 PM   #2
SweetiePie

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I had him in for Bio 2C03 back in fall 2011. It was awful. I remember that he taught us a bunch of molecular bio stuff from the 4th year class he taught and no one could understand what he was saying due to his thick accent and tendency to mumble. The exam was brutal, it had very applied questions which were impossible to answer because we hardly understood what he was teaching us in the first place (the material wasn't in the textbook btw). I'm pretty sure they bell curved the exam because I definitely did not feel like I passed.

I wouldn't panic though, that was 2 years ago. I feel like they would have changed the course and made his questions more doable since we all did so poorly (or hopefully he's teaching material that's actually in the textbook). I did feel like if I actually understood the material the exam wouldn't have been so bad.

Hope that helps!

MichaelScott says thanks to SweetiePie for this post.

lovesicles, MichaelScott like this.
Old 04-02-2013 at 09:59 AM   #3
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetiePie View Post
I had him in for Bio 2C03 back in fall 2011. It was awful. I remember that he taught us a bunch of molecular bio stuff from the 4th year class he taught and no one could understand what he was saying due to his thick accent and tendency to mumble. The exam was brutal, it had very applied questions which were impossible to answer because we hardly understood what he was teaching us in the first place (the material wasn't in the textbook btw). I'm pretty sure they bell curved the exam because I definitely did not feel like I passed.

I wouldn't panic though, that was 2 years ago. I feel like they would have changed the course and made his questions more doable since we all did so poorly (or hopefully he's teaching material that's actually in the textbook). I did feel like if I actually understood the material the exam wouldn't have been so bad.

Hope that helps!
Unfortunately, his slides are still pictures from published articles that you could not possibly understand whatsoever unless you read the article (which btw is extremely difficult since there are way too many of them). He still mumbles and he is so hard to understand that I want to blow my head off. I could imagine his exam being brutal since I don't think anyone without a graduate degree in molecular biology or genetics could completely understand wtf he is teaching!