MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone from Mississauga or Brampton going to Welcome Day? MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2010 07:45 PM

Racist Girl from Brampton

Old 04-19-2012 at 05:05 AM   #16
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
I disagree with this video. There is nothing wrong with judging this girl. She was offensive and disrespectful.

I am not criticizing her as a person, I am criticizing her actions. Gender, race, and sexual orientation, among others, are things that you cannot possibly control. In the other hand, racism is something that you choose, and she chose to be racist. She's 16 years old, so she's not a kid anymore, and if she's ignorant about the world then it's her own fault.

So no, the guy in this video is wrong; when you criticize someone for being intolerant, you're not dropping yourself to their level.

0:44 "And if tomorrow she kills herself, it's your fault" So according to him, the people criticizing her are at fault for the girl's stupidity?

Next thing you know, he's going to say that it's our fault that Hitler killed himself.
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!11ONEN1O1!!
Old 04-19-2012 at 06:27 AM   #17
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
...In the other hand, racism is something that you choose, and she chose to be racist. She's 16 years old, so she's not a kid anymore, and if she's ignorant about the world then it's her own fault....
Being racist is not something you choose.
Old 04-19-2012 at 07:13 AM   #18
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Being racist is not something you choose.
Why not? :S

Edit: Apparently her dad made a public apology for her daughter's actions:

http://www.bramptonguardian. com/ne...s-racist-video

Last edited by Eternal Fire : 04-19-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2012 at 07:26 AM   #19
*spark*

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by apples12 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1L1fLX7mg4

^ Best response to that video.
Whoa, that's awful.
What she did was wrong but what happened to her because of it is even worse. Come on guys it's just a video, it's not like she actually when out on the streets and took away brown people's rights somehow.
Old 04-19-2012 at 10:27 AM   #20
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by *spark* View Post
Whoa, that's awful.
What she did was wrong but what happened to her because of it is even worse. Come on guys it's just a video, it's not like she actually when out on the streets and took away brown people's rights somehow.
Because she CAN'T. She doesn't have the authority to do so.
Old 04-19-2012 at 10:32 AM   #21
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

Quote:
Why not? :S

Edit: Apparently her dad made a public apology for her daughter's actions:

http://www.bramptonguardian. com/ne...s-racist-video
I think he means people don't just wake up one day and decide to be racist. It's something you learn from the people around you. If you're surrounded by it, you think it's normal. I find that when people learn they hold racist ideals they either try their best to change, or they dig their heels in and insist they aren't racist. KKK-type people are much rarer.

anonanon987 likes this.
Old 04-19-2012 at 01:32 PM   #22
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Im sure only a small portion of people feel this way, she really isn't in a position to do something about her vulgar racist opinions, I'm not worried and no one else should be either.
Old 04-19-2012 at 01:48 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
I disagree with this video. There is nothing wrong with judging this girl. She was offensive and disrespectful.

I am not criticizing her as a person, I am criticizing her actions. Gender, race, and sexual orientation, among others, are things that you cannot possibly control. In the other hand, racism is something that you choose, and she chose to be racist. She's 16 years old, so she's not a kid anymore, and if she's ignorant about the world then it's her own fault.

So no, the guy in this video is wrong; when you criticize someone for being intolerant, you're not dropping yourself to their level.

0:44 "And if tomorrow she kills herself, it's your fault" So according to him, the people criticizing her are at fault for the girl's stupidity?

Next thing you know, he's going to say that it's our fault that Hitler killed himself.
Lol? Looking back 5-6 years, I'd say I was ignorant when I was 16. Not really her fault. She IS still a kid.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

apples12, drpatel like this.
Old 04-19-2012 at 02:31 PM   #24
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Yknow, it's not a problem that she's racist. It's a problem that she couldn't keep her mouth shut.
Old 04-19-2012 at 02:51 PM   #25
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Few comments.

1) I can never understand these people... Some of the stuff she says... Unbelievable that there are people who think like that.

2) Feeling like a minority (of any type) sucks, even if you are of a traditionally privileged group. Doesn't mean you should hate people for being different.

3) I find it disturbing that schools try and claim authority over student conduct outside of school. Not particularly about this case in particular, but there's been a lot of cases where student criticism of the school has been met with retribution based on such extended authority.

4) Death threats and bullying aren't the answer to ignorance.

5) What's wrong with curry? I love curry.
Old 04-19-2012 at 03:06 PM   #26
toocute

Liked: 4 Times

This video made me cringe, being Indian I feel worse as it is targeted towards us to get us to leave the country. I honestly thought there were not people like this anymore, especially a younger person.

apples12 likes this.
Old 04-19-2012 at 04:04 PM   #27
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocute View Post
This video made me cringe, being Indian I feel worse as it is targeted towards us to get us to leave the country. I honestly thought there were not people like this anymore, especially a younger person.
Lol are you gonna really leave the country because of one high school girl rant?
Old 04-19-2012 at 04:48 PM   #28
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Lol are you gonna really leave the country because of one high school girl rant?
No it's not that, I think she was referring to the fact that if this one girl is thinking this, how many other people are out there that have the same mentality? I've been on the receiving end of this kind of abuse (Indian+British background) so I take it hard.
EG. maybe people didn't want to start a controversy, but after seeing this one girl who told the world how she feels, it may be possible that other people will/would back her up.

toocute says thanks to drpatel for this post.
Old 04-19-2012 at 06:27 PM   #29
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Re-read her comment. You misinterpreted it.
Old 04-19-2012 at 06:29 PM   #30
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post

5) What's wrong with curry? I love curry.
Me too, yum yum
She's probably just not used to strange smells, so they're overpowering for her, kind of the same sort of thing when people of different ethnicities have apparently 'offensive' body odor, only its just a matter of not having your senses ignore the smell from being used to it yet.