MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next possible time to apply? JayTup Academics 6 08-26-2010 03:36 PM
Too late to apply? armiebaby First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-09-2010 05:09 PM
Apply to Another School steps2health Academics 8 02-12-2009 11:52 AM

Re-Apply to First Year??

Old 04-08-2010 at 02:50 PM   #1
DumbEngKid

Liked: 0 Times

Re-Apply to First Year??
Hey.
I'm not gonna make the GPA to stay in Eng, I need to know how and where I can go to re-apply to first year, to a different program & faculty. That or how I can not pick my major and go into this "Eng II" business.
Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010 at 03:46 PM   #2
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Talk to Sally Williams in the Eng I office: depending on your GPA you will either need to apply for reintatement (<3.5) or repeat courses/take summer courses (<4.0) until you average is high enough to allow you to reapply to second year engineering programs.

Eng II? I've never heard of this. Are you talking about a generalized eng program, without picking a specialization? I'm not sure that exists (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). It's not like "Science II" because every department has specific courses you'd have take. However, depending on your grades you maybe be able to take upper year math courses/electives that are common to all eng departments.
Old 04-08-2010 at 04:10 PM   #3
Ender

Liked: 30 Times

Eng II doesn't exist. You should do what the poster above said though. Talk with Sally Williams. (JHE annex second floor??)

If you have failed a few courses and still feel that you want to stay in engineering you can still select your second year program choices (mech,civil,tron,soft , etc...).
Once again I highly recommend you talk with Sally Williams shes very helpful and gives you all your options so you can make a decision on what to do.
Old 04-08-2010 at 05:15 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

I think he just means 2nd year engineering.

Go see sally willams, 2nd floor JHE in the Eng Office, she is VERY helpful and will help you pick a solution.
Old 04-09-2010 at 12:18 AM   #5
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

stop thinking. Stop worrying. Talk to Sally Williams.

If you really want to be an engineer, if you know what engineers do and really want that to be your end goal, there are many ways to get there. Be prepared to get inventive, and remember... TO GRADUATE YOU NEED THE REQUIRED COURSES. How you get those courses is up to you.

Oh yeah dont think about what I said, go talk to Sally Williams.

danallan likes this.