MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going for an interview? Read these! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-21-2010 09:26 PM
ECON 1B03, need to switch afternoon class for the morning class. Sintos Academics 3 01-06-2010 05:12 PM
I don't know how to read my timetable? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-11-2009 10:48 PM
Everyone should read this. lorend General Discussion 10 04-17-2009 11:57 AM

how to read class timetable

Old 06-21-2010 at 12:36 PM   #1
meg02t

Liked: 1 Time

how to read class timetable
I'm trying to figure out when my classes our for Level I Kinesiology. I went to the timetable for the courses.. what is the difference between C01, L01, and T01? And they all seem to be repeated (L01, L02, L03, L04... ).

Obviously, I don't understand how to read the timetable at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks !
Old 06-21-2010 at 12:39 PM   #2
sexytuna

Liked: 9 Times

C01 - C stands for Core/Class and 01 is the section (regular class/lecture)
L01 - L stands for Lab and 01 is the section (Lab TIME!)
T01 - T sands for Tutorial and 01 is the section.

You can pick different Lab sections depending on the time you want or how you want your Lab schedule set up!

Also: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...2.html?t=22732

Here is a link to an article Macinsiders posted a couple of days ago on how to make a Mock Timetable. It talks about the course timetable and can really help you out!
Old 06-21-2010 at 12:39 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg02t View Post
I'm trying to figure out when my classes our for Level I Kinesiology. I went to the timetable for the courses.. what is the difference between C01, L01, and T01? And they all seem to be repeated (L01, L02, L03, L04... ).

Obviously, I don't understand how to read the timetable at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks !
C = Core (Your lectures)
T = Tutorial
L = Labs

Currently you won't be able to choose your sections for most if not all your courses. You can however make a mocktimetable. This will allow you to make a schedule that you like. Make multiple if you can. Your official timetable will be released on August 9 and when SOLAR reopens you can switch your sections to make the timetable that you like best (provided the sections aren't full).

JeetDevDesai says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-21-2010 at 12:57 PM   #4
meg02t

thanks !so if there is L01, L02, etc.. i only choose one?

and if under the days section of the course listing it says monday, tuesday thursday in C01, does that mean i have a lecture three times a week?
Old 06-21-2010 at 01:07 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg02t View Post
thanks !so if there is L01, L02, etc.. i only choose one?

and if under the days section of the course listing it says monday, tuesday thursday in C01, does that mean i have a lecture three times a week?
That's correct!
Old 06-21-2010 at 01:09 PM   #6
meg02t

thanks for your help !