MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year, started my readings and freaking out!? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 09-14-2009 12:04 AM

readings/summarizing

Old 09-17-2010 at 12:25 PM   #1
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

readings/summarizing
im in social sciences so i have a lot of readings.. should i type/write out a summary on the readings? or just write out stuff said in lectures
ive written out a summary of a reading for one of my classes, then went to the lecture and got almost all the same info, but some stuff i wrote down she didnt even talk about.. so it wont be on an exam or anything? or could it still be since its in the readings

thankksss
Old 09-17-2010 at 12:36 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirs View Post
im in social sciences so i have a lot of readings.. should i type/write out a summary on the readings? or just write out stuff said in lectures
ive written out a summary of a reading for one of my classes, then went to the lecture and got almost all the same info, but some stuff i wrote down she didnt even talk about.. so it wont be on an exam or anything? or could it still be since its in the readings

thankksss
It really depends on how you learn. For me, I'm able to read something once and remember it as soon as I see it again on multiple choice. I don't need to write anything out.

But some people remember/understand things by writing them out.

Just because she didn't talk about it in class doesn't mean it won't be on the midterm/exam. Don't ever assume that.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-17-2010 at 12:38 PM   #3
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
It really depends on how you learn. For me, I'm able to read something once and remember it as soon as I see it again on multiple choice. I don't need to write anything out.

But some people remember/understand things by writing them out.

Just because she didn't talk about it in class doesn't mean it won't be on the midterm/exam. Don't ever assume that.
okk thats what i figured aha, thanks !
Old 09-17-2010 at 12:38 PM   #4
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

You definitely need to write down what's said in lectures, that's a given. I think its really clever of you to write down your own summaries. Then you can see if you had the same thoughts as your prof and you'll also be able to remember what you wrote down. Anything said in lecture is fair game for exams. However, I think its really good that you have ideas that weren't mentioned in lecture. They show original thought. Also, she may mention something in lecture (on an exam) and then ask your take on it. Then you'll have plenty to say. Its also a good way to study becasue you're going over it yourself. But everyone works their own way.