MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ENG PHYS Technical electives jntyrhds Academics 3 06-08-2012 01:14 AM
ENG PHYS Technical electives jntyrhds Academics 1 05-14-2012 12:29 AM
Technical Electives (eng) RyanC Academics 3 01-09-2012 05:53 PM
Technical Network (Computer) Question mike_302 General Discussion 12 08-29-2009 12:12 PM
Technical Question sidraH Academics 2 07-15-2009 05:31 PM

Regarding Mechatronics technical electives.

Old 06-03-2013 at 11:45 AM   #1
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Regarding Mechatronics technical electives.
Specifically list B. I've searched around the forums, but I wasn't able to come up with anything.

Does anyone have insight on the following courses:

- ENG PHYS 3W04: Acquisition and Analysis of Experimental Information
- MECH ENG 4Z03: CAD/CAM/CAE
- MECH ENG 4E03: Microelectromechanica l Systems (MEMS)
- COMP ENG 3DQ5: Digital Systems Design

I can't seem to decide between these, as of yet. Also, it seems 3W04 is broken in half across both terms? Could someone please confirm this?

Cheers
Old 06-03-2013 at 12:04 PM   #2
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Since I am in EE, I cannot vouch for any of these courses except 3DQ5.

3DQ5 is a pain in the ass but one of the most fun and rewarding courses I have taken. Not only that, you'll have an opportunity to meet Dr. Nicolici. He will probably be one of the best and most kind-hearted professor you'll meet throughout your schooling career. You will have labs every week plus a project that is broken up in 3 milestones. The first two will get you the decent marks and the last milestone are those who can pull it off. I believe only 2 groups out of 15+ succeeded. It is a lot of work and a lot of sleepless nights, especially when you're taking your capstone at the same time.

If I would you, I'd take 4Z03. CAD/CAM is the most useful experience when you graduate besides learning FPGAs (3DQ5). You'll probably get some Inventor and/or AutoCAD experience which is what employers are looking for. Plus, I think it'd be a fun course, judging from the 4Z03 outline I googled.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Bhaltair : 06-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Zachary says thanks to Bhaltair for this post.
Old 06-04-2013 at 01:07 PM   #3
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

I'm just bumping this since I'd like someone to comment on Eng Phys 3W04 - whether the course is actually any good or not. I'm interested in the objectives but I can't seem to uncover any more information.

I wouldn't mind some more remarks on the other courses either (though I believe Bhaltair hit the nail on the head with 3DQ5).