MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Relay for Life 2010 zaverim MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-22-2010 05:10 PM
Mac Relay for Life Presents Cancer Awareness kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-21-2009 05:18 PM

Relay for Life

McMaster Relay For Life

McMaster's Relay for Life event is very popular and brings a lot of awareness around campus. It is a celebration of survival, a tribute to the lives of loved ones and a night of fun, friendship and fundraising to beat cancer.

How does it work? Teams of 10 people (students, faculty, family and friends) participate in a 12-hour, overnight, non-competitive relay on campus (at the Ivor Wynne Centre).

To date, the group has raised over $100,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society.

You're able to participate!

To register online, please visit the Relay For Life page on www.cancer.ca, (under Event Locations, select School Events- McMaster University)

For paper registration, email [email protected] for the registration form

Note: There is a $10 registration fee per participant

Let’s make cancer history! Event information:

WHAT: McMaster Relay For Life

WHEN: March 28th, 2008 7pm-7am

WHERE: Ivor Wynne Centre

WHO: McMaster Students, Faculty & Community Members

CONTACT US: [email protected]

Facebook: Relay for Life 2008
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 02-19-2008 at 01:28 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
I'm going to be doing this event for the first time this year, and I'm soooooo excited!

I highly suggest if you're interested to contact the exec (they're awesome), and get some friends to participate too!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-21-2008 at 11:27 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Their website appears to not be working right now :( ..its a great cause though! I suggest joining the Facebook group

Old 09-18-2008 at 01:55 PM   #4
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 7 Times
Are they doing this again this year???? I got all excited when I saw this post before I realized it was for last year (I'm not always so good with the whole year transition thing....) I really hope its going again! If it is, is there an organization committee we can join????

Old 10-10-2008 at 05:48 PM   #5
MacRelay

Liked: 0 Times
Hey we sure are-the 4th annual MAC Relay for Life will be Friday March 20th 2009 at the Ivor Wynne Center. The Exec Team for this year has already been decided but we are always looking for volunteers and we will be starting subcommittees in Promotions & Fundraising. Feel free to email us [email protected] for more info and join our facebook group: Relay for Life 2008

Old 02-13-2009 at 03:06 PM   #6
MacRelay

Liked: 0 Times
Registration has officially opened online for this year`s Relay
Here is the link: www.cancer.ca/relayyouth

1. Select "Register"
2. Choose "School Event-McMaster University"
3. Choose a member from your team to register as "Team Captain"
a. Select "Create a new team"
b. Follow the 5 registration steps on the website
**Once the team captain has registered, the rest of the team can register
3. Choose "Register"