MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Reviews on ANTHRO 2W03, THEATRE & FILM 2FA3, RELIG ST 2M03 iiiZA Academics 3 08-16-2010 10:11 AM
Relig st 2ww3 jordan19 Academics 0 08-15-2010 08:04 PM
Relig St 3Do3 zoee Academics 0 06-09-2010 11:09 PM
Relig st 2zz3..did anyone tke this course before? amandae Academics 0 06-09-2010 11:16 AM
Relig St 1D06 kanthamd-disabled Academics 0 08-07-2007 01:15 PM

RELIG 2M03 and RELIG 2WW3

Old 04-21-2009 at 11:45 PM   #1
ayan110

Liked: 0 Times

RELIG 2M03 and RELIG 2WW3
Hey can anyone tell me a little bit about these courses? With regards to interest and difficulty, and how the exams were.

Essentially I am just trying to complete my Health Studies Minor and just need a course.

I am trying to decide between these two, any information would be helpful.
Old 04-22-2009 at 08:13 AM   #2
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I have never taken these courses before, but here are course outlines for them for this past year (They are under 5th heading "Contemporary and Comparative Religions"):

http://www.socsci.mcmaster.c a/rels...te/courses.cfm

Note that the course structure may change from year to year, but hopefully these outlines could give you a rough idea of what you might be getting yourself into.
Old 04-22-2009 at 02:29 PM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I've taken 2WW3 with Dr. Ross. She's an incredible professor-- my favorite in the religious studies department. I found it challenging while most of my friends didn't. The content is really interesting if you're interested in health. However, it focuses more on health care from the traditional point of view rather than health as we know it. I'd recommend the course just stay on top of your readings (there's quite a few).
Old 04-22-2009 at 04:57 PM   #4
ayan110

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks! Would you happen to know how the tests are, since I noticed in the outline it said that the multiple choice questions often have more than 1 right answer.

Regards,
Old 04-22-2009 at 07:41 PM   #5
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

I took 2M03. I thought it was a decent course, not as interesting as I hoped it would be, but it was still okay, since I was already interested in death and dying. There are mandatory tutorials every week, so attendance makes up part of the grade. There are 3 assignments and one essay, so your marks are spread out between different things, which I thought was good so if you bomb one thing it's not the end of the world. You get to pick which readings you want your assignments on, so you can strategically pick readings that occur on weeks where you don't have any other work to do, so you can definitely have time to do them. You plan your own funeral in the essay, which is pretty cool.

The main thing is just to keep on top of the readings, every single week, and take notes so when there's a test, it's not a huge pain in the arse .. plus it's hard to participate in tutorials unless you've done the reading.

I forgot to add, the exam was pretty decent, in my opinion. It was some multiple choice (which was basic .. just tested if you remembered some details from the readings), and then three essay questions. The questions were pretty standard and predictable. It helped to bring up my grade.
The midterm was all multiple choice. I didn't do that well on it, but that's probably because I didn't study that much for it, and didn't finish all the readings. The questions were very straightforward, so if I felt as if I had done all the readings, I would have done very well. Basically, if you do all the readings and study your notes, you are bound to do well.

Last edited by ladyh : 04-22-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2009 at 10:03 AM   #6
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

are there any presentations included in religion st 2WW3??