Religious Studies 3FF3

Religious Studies 3FF3
Gender and Religion
Published by ferreinm
08-10-2009
Published by
Elite Member

Religious Studies 3FF3

Gender and Religion is a new course that I took in the second term of summer school. The topics are very interesting and include homosexuality, sex, etc. There was no textbook so I saved money. However, I felt that the readings we had (we got them from JStor) were extremely biased. It was typically focused on how great women are and I got really irritated and kept yelling at my readings. I felt like I was in Women's Studies again which was not cool. We had a test each week and they were basic content quizzes. We also had a 5 page essay to write about any topic-- I hate when we have to create our own topics nevertheless, I did. Our final exam consisted of definitions, short answer- fill in the blank, multiple choice and an essay. If you do your readings you'll do alright in the course. It wasn't the most challenging course, but it was tough to get through the readings.

Here's the outline: http://www.socsci.mcmaster.c a/rels...mmer%20091.pdf
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Religious Studies 3FF3!

Old 08-20-2009 at 12:03 PM   #2
aliatehreem

Liked: 0 Times
Thanks for the feedback! Would you say that the course is 12-able?
Old 11-09-2011 at 01:30 AM   #3
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times
any other perspectives on this course..its being taught by dr pearson in term 2 2012
Old 12-08-2011 at 12:43 AM   #4
bubbly

Liked: 1 Time
I was wondering the same, I wanted to take this course next semester. Has anyone else taken it with pearson. If so, how was the course?
Old 12-19-2011 at 01:22 PM   #5
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbly View Post
I was wondering the same, I wanted to take this course next semester. Has anyone else taken it with pearson. If so, how was the course?

Same question, someone please answer

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search